Job Title: Production Supervisor
- Plan, lead and organize work activities in accordance with daily production schedules while ensuring positive employee relations and a safe and effective work environment.
- Supports all staff in the manufacturing environment in order to meet daily production requirements while maintaining high standards of quality in a safe work environment.
- Guides, trains, and directs shop floor personnel by giving clear direction as directed by Senior Management
- Ensure Quality objectives are met within the production team
- Ensure Health and Safety objectives are met, while also ensuring all employees in production follow proper H&S protocols and jobs specific work procedures.
- Encourages the problem-solving process by motivating and empowering others to make improvements
- Ensures that all employees have been provided with the necessary tools in order to perform their duties ( eg. PPE hand tools etc.)
- Reports any issues that are preventing the attainment of all quality, safety or production goals to Senior Management on a timely basis
- Conducts Performance reviews on a monthly basis as per assigned schedule
- Distributes work in a fair and equitable manner
- Participates in the daily scheduling and work allocation meeting and provides inputs to determine manning requirements to optimize the utilization of machinery.
- Manages all vacation requests taking customer requirements into consideration.
- Assists in the investigation of all work-related accidents/incidents with the Joint Health and Safety representative.
- Communicates with Quality to ensure consistent application of quality processes/procedures.
- Contribute to a safe, clean environment that complements the Occupational Health and Safety Act
Skills/Education Required to perform the job
- High School or equivalent job-related experience
- Minimum 3 years experience in a supervisory position in a manufacturing or automotive environment
- General understanding of machinery/ equipment, CNC machinery, assembly machinery, welding parameters,
- Sound understanding of ISO 9001 and 14001 parameters.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, Occupational Health & Safety Act, Employment Standards Act,
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Concord, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Production Supervisor: 3 years (required)
- Manufacturing or Automotive environment: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person