About Jones Healthcare Group
Jones Healthcare Group is a world-class provider of advanced packaging and medication dispensing solutions. With roots firmly established in healthcare, Jones has been a long-time, trusted partner for some of the most recognized global pharmaceutical brands and the largest pharmacy groups, independent pharmacies, hospitals and long-term care facilities across the world.
Imagine working at Jones, where we embrace our commitment to the environment, team members, communities, and consumers – and we’re inspired to package the future of healthcare.
Learn more about our story here: www.joneshealthcaregroup.com.
What our colleagues are saying:
“I love the people, the positive organizational culture, my team and the genuine spirit of cooperation and shared goals. I’m very optimistic about my professional growth and development and the value that I hope to bring to the company.”
Benefits we offer:
- A safe, respectful, and inclusive environment
- Competitive compensation and equitable people practices
- Comprehensive benefits and an RRSP program where we match up to 5% of your earnings
- Opportunities to grow and develop, alongside a supportive team
- Employee and family assistance program
- Education reimbursement program
- Colleague appreciation events
- and more!
Summary of position:
If you love analyzing technical processes to improve operational efficiencies, then this position will be of interest to you.
If you get excited about partnering with suppliers, overseeing equipment maintenance, and embracing continuous learning, this role is an ideal match for you.
If you are natural at problem-solving, are safety conscious with great attention to detail, and have a proactive attitude towards continuous improvement, then you’ll want to consider this opportunity.
The Technical Manager - Narrow Web holds primary accountability for achieving Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) through the safe and continuous operation of work center machines while ensuring the production of high-quality products. Serving as the work center's technical expert, they actively assist the Production Manager in meeting On Time in Full (OTIF) metrics.
Here are some of the different activities you’ll be asked to do:
- Ensure the proper functioning of all safety features both within and around the machine, while also ensuring that colleagues operate the machine safely by utilizing the provided safety features.
- Offer on-site technical diagnostic support as needed to address and resolve product performance issues occurring on customer filling lines.
- Provide expert guidance on technical specifications, including consumption rates, performance criteria for materials, inks, coatings, process sequencing, and more.
- Collaborate with suppliers to address technical challenges related to defective or questionable materials impacting performance.
- Propose mechanical adjustments aimed at enhancing operational efficiencies, including recommendations for operator and maintenance preventive measures.
- Efficiently manage equipment breakdowns in coordination with the maintenance team, ensuring timely completion of investigation reports, troubleshooting, and escalation to the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for necessary support.
- Provide recommendations to mitigate future downtime.
- Extend technical support and guidance for the introduction of new process technologies and machines, encompassing training, supervision of Standard Operating Procedures (S.O.P’s), and the development of protocols for associated trial runs.
- Stay informed about emerging technologies in the print and converting industries, evaluating their alignment with Jones' strategic objectives.
- Actively participate in Press Approvals, which include approvals for layouts and specification sheets.
- Fulfill any other duties and responsibilities reasonably assigned by your leader.
If you’ve got:
- Minimum high school diploma
- Minimum 5 years experience in a lead hand or machine operator role within the flexographic printing industry preferred
- Evidence of initiative and sense of urgency
- Demonstrated skill at resolving quality issues and machine issues
We’d like to hear from you!
Please submit your resume and let us know why you are interested.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Jones Healthcare Group will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact the Jones Human Resources department at 1.800.265.9093 about your needs, and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please also contact the Human Resources department.