Maintenance Technician II, Manufacturing - Ancaster
What do we offer?
- Immediate company paid Benefits for you and family
- Paid vacation
- Pension Plan
- Employee Shares Purchase Plan
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Employee Product Purchase Program
- Tool Allowance
- Dual trade certification in both mechanical and electrical disciplines (443A, 442A/309A)
- 3-5 years' experience as a maintenance technician in a food manufacturing setting
- Strong knowledge of mechanical systems. hydraulics, pneumatics, conveyance, etc.
- Strong knowledge of electrical systems, circuit troubleshooting, motor drives, starters, plc, safety circuits, etc.
- Proficiency in using diagnostic tools and equipment
- Strong Knowledge reading and interpreting technical drawings, schematics, and manuals
- 3-5 years of automated material handling system maintenance experience
- Advanced understanding and working knowledge in RS Logix, RS Networx software Electro-mechanical repair skills
- Ability to trouble shoot equipment malfunctions in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to understand and explain the function of a wide range equipment and processes
- Demonstrated ability to use hand tools safely and effectively
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Willingness to work a rotational shift including days, afternoons and nights
- Willingness to work overtime or change shifts when called for.
- Ability to lift up to 36.2 kg (80 lbs.)
- Ability to climb ladders and work at heights safely
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or as part of a team
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance inspections on manufacturing equipment to ensure optimal performance and prevent downtime
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical issues using diagnostic tools and equipment
- Highly skilled in troubleshooting, repairs and maintains all production and facilities related equipment, including high speed packaging equipment, material handling systems, volumetric feed systems, grinders and roasting ovens, fanuc robot cell, wrappers, case erecting/closing, compressors, forklifts, hvac, among others.
- Works in a manner that respects Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and all related food safety requirements
- Conduct and analyze repairs, new equipment installations and replacements of faulty components, ensuring adherence to safety and quality standards
- Collaborate with production teams to identify equipment-related problems and implement timely solutions
- Conduct tests and calibrations to ensure accuracy and efficiency of machinery and systems
- Maintain complete records of daily maintenance activities, including work orders, repairs, and equipment history
- Participate in equipment installations, upgrades and modifications as needed
- Maintain work area cleanliness and comply with all safety regulations
- Maintain maintenance tools and equipment in safe, clean and in good working condition.
- Supports maintenance related computer software for reporting of parts inventory, equipment history, shift work reporting, preventative maintenance etc.
- Assists in the creation and implementation of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis
- Attend job training and safety programs organized by maintenance department and assist in training and mentoring junior maintenance technicians as required
- Adhere to company policies, safety regulations LOTO, ESA, TSSA requirements.
- Perform maintenance tasks based on pictures, blueprints, written descriptions and oral instructions from Maintenance Manager
- Ensure food safety and food defense standards are followed
- Other duties as assigned
Restaurant Brands International and all of its affiliated companies (collectively, RBI) are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. RBI's policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.