Mazzei Electric started in Nanaimo, BC in 1994. We started as a small family run company that focused on commercial service contracts. We now have a variety of multi-family residential, commercial, institutional, and light industrial projects across the province, complimented by our service departments that offer residential and commercial service and maintenance. We currently operate across Vancouver Island, throughout the Okanagan, and in Northern BC.
Why work here? You will be part of a growing team that is proud, dedicated, and still stays true to the family-run company feeling. When we ask our employees why they like working here, the #1 answer is always the people. Our team is knowledgeable, safety focused, and the comradery is second to none.
Mazzei Electric offers a competitive salary, extensive health and dental benefits that we pay the premiums for, RRSP matching, paid training and development, recognition programs, an annual apprentice scholarship, fun staff events, opportunities for advancement, and a safe and inclusive work environment. We also have a growing Employee Perks program that includes discounts on vehicle repair/parts, retail stores, and gym memberships.
We have won numerous awards including Victoria’s #1 Best Electrician, Nanaimo’s Best Electrical Contractor, VICA’s Employer of the Year, BCCA Builder’s Code Contractor of the Year, VICA’s Safety Excellence Award, and have been named as one of Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies.
We are currently hiring for Electrical Foreperson Electricians in Victoria, BC and the surrounding areas. Compensation for this role is between $42/hour and $44/hour, immediate health and dental benefits, and RRSP matching after one year. When you factor these together the total compensation is between $45.01/hour and $47.07/hour!
- Plan, organize, direct, and control daily operations including completion of work scope, ensuring the use of company OHS policies and procedures, and on-site inventory management
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and monitor progress
- Reading and interpreting drawings and schematics
- Coordinate with the site coordinators or general superintendents
- Professionalism in client/contractor relations
- Installation and troubleshooting of all electrical components in multi-family residential, commercial and institutional structures
- Follow safety programs and policies, wear appropriate PPE, and attend safety training as required
- Present a positive, can-do attitude in the workplace and with our clients
- Instruction and leadership of apprentices and journeypersons
- Punctual and reliable presence on worksites
- Understanding of Arc Flash and Lock-out/Tag-out procedures
- Red-Seal Journeyperson Certificate
- 5 years electrical experience required in multi-family residential/commercial sectors
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Valid Class B FSR or higher an asset
- Extensive knowledge of CEC
- Commercial/residential construction experience required
- Experience in all other electrical fields are an asset
- Basic hand tools and cordless power tools
- Valid class 5 driver’s license preferred
- Willing to work out of town, longer shifts, and/or evening shifts.
Apply today by responding to this ad. More information can also be found on our website www.mazzeielectric.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $42.00-$44.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- electrical foreperson: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: On the road