Our Vancouver office has co-op opportunities in our Mining Environmental Group for engineering students. The positions are available for either 8- or 12-month terms.
Experience we provide:
Students are assigned to a variety of project teams to assist in laboratory testing, data analysis, calculation, and designs under the supervision of senior staff. We strongly emphasize the importance of field experience to our staff, and every effort is made to assign the student to a field related project for part of their posting. This position is ideal for an individual with a strong personal drive, who likes to problem-solve and make a difference.
- Participate in site characterization and geotechnical investigations at remote mines
- Monitoring of construction site
- Lab testing
- Participate in the design of large tailings dams
- Assist with drill core logging, and the installation and monitoring of instrumentation such as piezometers and inclinometers,
- Support in office-based roles developing benchmarking databases.
- Currently enrolled in 3rd or 4th year of a recognized engineering program
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel
- Strong writing and language skills
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering and environmental services in the hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, mining, oil sands, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia, Peru, Brazil, the UK and the US. KCB is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed companies.
Our Mining Environmental Group provides environmental and geotechnical services worldwide to mining clients. The focus of our work is on environmental baseline and impact assessments, studies, designs and construction monitoring for new mines and management of tailings, waste rock and water at operating mines.