Finance & Accounting Co-op (Hybrid)
Finance & Accounting Co-op (Hybrid)
Build a rewarding career with Canada's fastest-growing and most reputable security company. Making a difference in our communities and people’s lives is what we’re all about.
Paladin Security offers the best employment and development opportunities in the industry. With a coast-to-coast reputation as the Employer of Choice, Paladin has been selected as Canada’s Best Employers by Forbes since 2020, the Best Place to Work by Glassdoor in 2016, and is the only security firm ever to be recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We take great pride in being named Canada's Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures for 10 years running.
We believe the best way to create a strong team is through employee development and growth. The Finance & Accounting Co-Op will support our Finance team of over 30 individuals. Key attributes that will drive success in this role include being able to work in a dynamic team, understanding and learning different financial software, having a strong attention to detail with a keen eye for numbers, and thinking on your feet for practical solutions.
Expected start date in January 2024, possibly 4 months long.
Your key responsibilities:
- Prepare month-end journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Invoice customers, collect customer payments, and apply those payments in our accounting software.
- Enter vendor invoices, review employee reimbursements, and corporate credit card charges.
- Assist with special projects and implementing process improvements, as required.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve requests from operational teams by adhering to accounting and business policies
- Work with our Financial Planning & Analysis team to understand the key drivers of the business, and provide information to key decision makers, as needed.
You bring a track record with the following qualifications:
- Currently a full-time student at a post-secondary instituting, pursuing a relevant business degree with a track record of academic success
- Strong quantitative skills - proficient in excel and strong foundation in financial concepts
- Ability to quickly understand business processes and contribute at a high level with superior attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and ability to partner effectively with all levels of the business
- Experience working with our ERP Software, Winteam and PowerBI considered an asset
Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place because we CARE
Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Paladin Security has a diverse workforce. We believe in and are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. Paladin Security is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities through the interview process and while employed. If you require an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.