NINJAZ Canada Inc. is hiring for an ambitious Prep Cook to assist with the Cafe duties and prepare smoothies, simple sandwiches, veggie and fruit platters, etc.
- Follow the prep list to plan duties
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, prepare fruit and veggie platters, etc.
- Prepare simple dishes such as smoothies, salads, entrees etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
Minimum Requirements :
- Proven experience as prep cook is a plus.
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen is a must
- Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
- High school diploma or equivalent is desirable; Great opportunity for students enrolled in a culinary school
- Part Time position. Flexible weekday and weekend hours.
- Salary: $13 to $14.00 /hour, depending on experience.
Job Type: Part-time