Exactera has offices in New York City, Tarrytown NY, St. Petersburg FL, London, and Argentina.
Compensation: $95,000 - $125,000 per year
We are looking for a talented Tax Credit Manager (R&D / SR&ED) to join and help expand our team. Exactera seeks to leverage an in-house technology platform to support businesses by helping companies claim government incentives designed to promote innovation, economic expansion, and job growth in the US, Canada, and abroad.
Reporting to the Associate Director of R&D Tax Credits, you will work with a team of professionals to help our clients with the preparation of their tax incentive claims. Exactera's goal is to help Managers grow professionally and shape them into the R&D leaders of tomorrow. Working alongside our senior R&D leaders, you will implement your R&D / SR&ED knowledge, learn about our technology, and help to develop junior team members.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage and participate in the preparation and completion of client R&D / SR&ED tax credit incentive claim
- Proactive communication regarding status of tasks, relevant technical issues discovered, expected due dates, and general project management
- Gather, format, and analyze large volumes of financial data to create large complex calculation databases using Microsoft Excel and/or Microsoft Access
- Mentor and train junior team members (Associates and Seniors) by sharing best practices and R&D tax knowledge through training, coaching, and supervising work product
- Assist with drafting opinion letters, responses to CRA / IRS inquiries, CRA / IRS ruling requests, and other technical memoranda
- Participate in research of thought leadership materials and credit-related continuing education
- Develop a strong rapport with external clients and maintain relationships with key departments across the business: Customer Success, Product, Transfer Pricing, Provision, Product, etc.
- Complete each assignment timely and within budget while meeting client expectations
- Provide solutions to help clients maximize R&D / SR&ED credits (country and state/province)
- Assist in the management of a portfolio of clients and working with Senior Managers and above
- Support sales team members in prospect calls/demos (where necessary)
What You Will Need to Succeed:
- Four (4) years of work experience with both R&D and SR&ED Tax Credits including preparing and supporting software/information technology claims
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, tax, or STEM (higher education preferred – e.g., Masters, CPA, JD, and/or EA)
- Experience overseeing other team members and providing training, feedback, and supervision to junior employees
- Strong skillset with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and legal/technical tax code research tools
- Exemplary organization, time management, and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Intellectual curiosity and limited need for structure are helpful traits as we are a growing team with entrepreneurial mindset
Great team culture, career development, great compensation package and benefits, and an unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced teams in the world. With a company culture that provides ample opportunities to be recognized, build valuable skills, and grow your career.
Exactera, a pre-IPO SaaS company, is the global leader in technology driven tax solutions. Founded in 2016, we stand at the intersection of human and machine intelligence. We have offices in New York, Florida, London and remote employees across the United States and Argentina. Through our AI and cloud-based technologies, we deliver superior solutions to our corporate tax customers. As a result, Savant Venture Fund and Insight Partners have invested over $100 million in funding to support our growth.
We are committed to promoting the values of diversity and inclusion throughout the business. Whether it is through recruitment, retention, career progression or training and development, we are committed to improving opportunities for our people regardless of their background or circumstances.