Packetlabs is a cybersecurity consulting firm specializing in Advanced Penetration Testing. We offer several services, including Infrastructure Penetration Testing, Web and mobile Application Testing, Social Engineering, Red Team exercises, Source-code Reviews and Exploit Development. Our clients occupy several industries, including but not limited to: government, technology, law enforcement, retail, healthcare and financial.
We are searching for a Staff Accountant who enjoys working in a fast-paced/dynamic environment and enjoys challenging themselves. They will perform full-cycle accounting and payroll and prepare and present monthly, quarterly and annual performance reports. The successful individual will have experience reviewing and filing employment taxes (PD7A) and EHT monthly and managing and organizing recurring software and training expenses.
This is a 1 year contract
What you’ll be doing
Understanding Company Values and Culture:
- Spending time with the team to gain first-hand knowledge about Packetlabs' values, culture, and products.
- Overseeing daily accounting functions, including accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Managing accounts payable and accounts receivable, focusing on following up on overdue accounts.
- Demonstrating strong business acumen.
- Gaining insight into the entire client experience, starting from the first point of contact.
Payroll and Filings:
- Processing bi-weekly payroll and monthly commission cheques.
- Preparing government filings related to payroll.
- Maintaining accurate record-keeping for human resource functions, including benefits, vacation, and compensation.
Onboarding and Benefit Management:
- Managing the onboarding of new staff members and their entry into the corporate benefit plan and GRSP.
Efficiency and Process Improvement:
- Maximizing efficiency and streamlining processes where necessary.
- Ensuring there are adequate checks and balances at every stage.
Tax Filings and Metrics Monitoring:
- Experience reviewing/filing corporate taxes.
- Experience preparing and filing HST reports with CRA.
- Monitoring key performance metrics and reporting on relevant changes in financial metrics.
Who you are
- 2+ years as an accountant, preferably from a Professional Services firm or in an entrepreneurial business environment.
- Leadership responsibility for accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash flow forecasting, daily cash monitoring, and reconciliations.
- A good understanding of ESA (Employment Standards Act) and Canada Labour Standards.
Problem-Solving and Process Improvement:
- A naturally curious leader with a track record for implementing process improvements.
- Proactive and enterprising individual with a willingness to voice opinions backed up by facts.
- Strives to make processes better and implements improved methods.
Communication and Collaboration:
- Clear, concise, organized communication.
- Exceptional communication skills and emotional intelligence.
- Willingness to work collaboratively and listen to obtain information.
Adaptability and Organization:
- Solution-oriented problem solver with demonstrated understanding of people.
- Adaptable and able to work well with various personality types.
- Proven track record of being organized, deadline-driven, and detail-oriented.
- A chameleon who understands both corporate and entrepreneurial cultures.
- Willingness to take a hands-on approach to daily activities.
- A self-motivated high achiever.
- Amazing team and working environment
- Competitive compensation and pay for performance
- Work from Home Anywhere in Canada