Hiring Immediately: Store Manager Trainee
As a Store Manager, you’ll contribute to 7-Eleven’s success by leading a team to create and maintain an exceptional store experience for our guests. Essentially you will be running a small business with a solid, international company and brand behind you. The majority of your time will be spent coaching, supervising and directing the team; making operational and staffing decisions while ensuring world-class guest service. You will work to maximize sales and profits by using sound business practices to implement the 7-Eleven strategy, while setting a standard for guest satisfaction by making your store a model of our company's Five Fundamentals; Quality, Assortment, Service, Value and Cleanliness.
What's In It For You?
7-Eleven is committed to creating an environment that encourages and rewards excellence, providing a range of benefits that includes:
- Competitive salary and bonus incentives
- Provincial Medical, extended health care, dental, and life insurance benefits
- Vacation pay
- Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan/Deferred Profit Sharing Plan Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional growth opportunities
- And more...
- Oversee daily store operations, supervise employees and manage inventory
- Ensure sufficient staffing levels to meet the needs of our guests
- Develop successful sales plans to grow profitability
- Recruit, train, develop and motivate your employees
- Demonstrate leadership and promote a teamwork oriented environment setting high standards and modeling behavior for optimum guest service
- Implement new product lines and create strategies to introduce and promote them to our guests
- Promote 7-Eleven to your guests and community
- Ensure product mix and inventory levels are properly maintained to increase sales and control inventory
- Maintain safety and security of the store, properly documenting any incidents that occur
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws within the scope of the convenience/food store operation
- High School diploma/GED with minimum 2 years applicable experience; 2 years college; military experience
- Must have a valid Driving License
- Prior successful food service, retail, grocery management experience
- Demonstrated effective training, coaching and conflict resolution skills
- Highly motivated with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Results oriented team player/manager
- Ability to work flexible work schedule including days, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent guest services skills
The Store Manager role requires constant standing, bending and reaching. Frequent lifting of one to five pounds and occasional lifting of up to 40-50 pounds is required.
7-Eleven, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to workplace diversity.
A copy of the complete job description, which includes the minimum requirements and essential functions of the position, is available on request.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person