At CN, everyday brings new and exciting challenges. You can expect an interesting environment where you’re part of making sure our business is running optimally and safely―helping keep the economy on track. We provide the kind of paid training and opportunities that long-term careers are built on and we recognize hard workers who strive to make a difference. You will be able to thrive in our close-knit, safety-focused culture working together as ONE TEAM. The careers we offer are meaningful because the work we do matters. Join us!
The Manager, Maintenance Program is responsible for overseeing the maintenance program for the entire CN fleet, including locomotives, freight cars, and other special equipment. The position is experienced with reliability analysis. The role identifies critical equipment functions, relating performance characteristics and requirements to functional failures, performs failure mode effect analysis to identify maintenance requirements, and defines the tasks, maintenance intervals, resources, and personnel requirements.
- Perform statistical analysis of equipment at multiple levels of the system, from the system as a whole down to the component, failure, and cause
- Perform statistical analysis through an iterative approach to resolve a hazard index for each component or subsystem and failure mode
- Perform statistical analysis to settle component failure rates and reliable life
- Perform iterative statistical analysis to create and maintain alert levels for components to be maintained within
Maintenance Requirement Analysis
- Perform iterative statistical analysis for current Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), and CN task cards regarding failure rates and reliable life of the components associated with the task card to measure effectiveness
- Perform iterative statistical analysis for current task cards to resolve a hazard index for each task
- Perform iterative statistical analysis to resolve yield windows for work packaging, deferment limits for task cards, and feasibility of changes and implementation and compared with alternatives
- Perform iterative statistical analysis to create and maintain priority codes for task cards to be planned against
- Develop work packages-based analysis to streamline the maintenance process, reduce out of service time, create program flexibility for planning, and produce more reliable equipment
Continuing Analysis and Surveillance
- Perform iterative statistical analysis for existing maintenance program to confirm existing program effectiveness and feasibility
- Adjust maintenance program based on findings
The role has standard working conditions in an office environment with a regular workweek from Monday to Friday. Due to the nature of the role, the incumbent must be able to meet tight deadlines, handle pressure, and stress. The role requires occasional travel (35%) within Canada and the United States (U.S.).
Railroad or Transportation
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the Railroad or Transportation industry
- Experience performing statistical reliability and workload levelling analysis
- Extensive experience communicating vertically
- Extensive experience working in cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Reliability Engineering, or a related Science, Technology Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) program
- Any designation for these above would be considered as an asset
- Demonstrates agility and drives change
- Knows the business and stays current on industry needs
- Applies critical thinking
- Sets direction and inspires others
- Collaborates with others and shares information
- Solves problems to create value
- Functional knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL), Business Warehouse, Business Objects, Microsoft Access, Systems Applications, and Products (SAP), and Microsoft Office as well as statistical analysis software (e.g., ReliaSoft, Weibull++)
CN is a world-class transportation leader and trade-enabler. Essential to the economy, to the customers, and to the communities it serves, CN safely transports more than 300 million tons of natural resources, manufactured products, and finished goods throughout North America every year. As the only railroad connecting Canada’s Eastern and Western coasts with the Southern tip of the U.S. through a 19,500 mile rail network, CN and its affiliates have been contributing to community prosperity and sustainable trade since 1919. CN is committed to programs supporting social responsibility and environmental stewardship. At CN, we work as ONE TEAM, focused on safety, sustainability and our customers, providing operational and supply chain excellence to deliver results.
At CN, we are dedicated to building North America’s safest, most inclusive and sustainable railroad, which includes reflecting the communities in which we operate. Research shows that candidates from underrepresented groups often don’t apply unless they feel they fit the job posting at 100%. Even if you don’t see yourself in every job requirement listed in a posting, we still encourage you to apply. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations), please reach out to our team at [email protected].
As an equal employment opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please monitor your email on a regular basis, as communication is primarily made through email.