Registered Nurse (Virtual - British Columbia)
Virtual Nurse, Complex Care & Case Management Position (Registered Nurse)
Who we are:
TELUS Health MyCare™ (THMC) is committed to putting patients at the center of care by leveraging the power of technology to drive better health outcomes for Canadians so they can live happier, healthier lives. As a TELUS Health MyCare Registered Nurse you'll have the opportunity to help us shape the future of healthcare across Canada by improving access to healthcare for all by bringing it directly to the communities that need it most.
Status: Independent Contractor
What’s in it for you:
- Convenience of working from wherever you are; flexibility to make your own schedule and get the work life balance you need.
- Competitive compensation
- Access to free TELUS internet and discounted mobility rates, in addition to unlimited access to respective Allied Health Services offered on THMC
- Collaborative and multidisciplinary team of professionals, including physicians, mental health counsellors, dietitians, registered nurses, nurse practitioners and specialists.
- Concierge support from our clinical operations team that allows you to focus on providing care to your patients.
- A full training program and a supportive environment to help develop your video consultation skills, as well as the ongoing opportunity to learn about leading edge health technology.
- Joining a large, national interdisciplinary community of practice of clinicians with access to monthly CMEs, clinician mentorship, peer reviews and support
As a RN with TELUS Health MyCare you will:
- Work from home virtually by assessing and supporting patients across BC with primary care needs by video and/or by phone
- Work within an interdisciplinary team to support patients with complex medical and/or psychosocial needs, most of whom are not currently attached to a primary care provider
- Providing triage support that may include obtaining clinical histories and description of the presenting concern
- Provide clinical advice within the scope of practice of a registered nurse
- Coordinate care for patients, which may include communicating results and ensuring clinical follow-up
- Collaborate with our primary care NP and physician teams
What do you need to apply?
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- Licensed and in good standing with the applicable professional regulatory body
- Must be residing in British Columbia to work
- 2+ years of experience preferred
- Emergency or primary care experience is an asset
- Exceptional organizational skills, with a positive and results-focused attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with team members and patients
- Comfortable with mobile technology (video calling), or the ability and desire to learn!
- Be able to commit minimum of 8 hours per week
TELUS Health is proud to foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to fair practices, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities, as required, during the recruitment process.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $47.00 per hour
Expected hours: No less than 8 per week
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Are you residing in British Columbia, Canada?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) License (required)
Work Location: Remote