Requisition ID: 9747
Department: Finance and Corporate Services Dept.
Service: Revenue Service
Branch: Customer Accounts Branch
Employment Type: 1 Full-time Temporary - Up to 1 year
Work Hours: 35.00 hours per week
Affiliation: CUPE 503 Inside/Outside
Salary Information: $29.159 - $34.115 per hour (2023 rates of pay)
Location: 100 Constellation, Nepean
City: Ottawa, ON
Job Category: Finance & Accounting
Application Close: 22/11/2023
Customer Accounts supports the assessment, property tax, water billing and collection units by maintaining customer accounts, recording payments, providing customer service and answering account enquiries.
You are responsible for providing secretarial, clerical and administrative assistance within the Customer Accounts Unit of the Finance Department.
Completion of Grade 12
Minimum of 3 years of clerical experience.
- Office/clerical and reception procedures
- City of Ottawa organization and corporate policies, procedures, guidelines, and standards
- Municipal finance, assessment and property tax legislation
- City by-laws, Canadian Payment Association guidelines
- Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy legislation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Office and administrative practices and procedures
- Corporate Records Management Program
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
- Work independently with minimum supervision
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Use tact, discretion and confidentiality, combined with reliability and good judgement
- Diplomacy and professionalism
- Effective interpersonal skills, tact and discretion
- Must have a pleasant personality and be cooperative
- Courteous and reliable
- Able to work in office environment where interruptions are frequent
- Effective organizational skills
- Exercise initiative under general direction
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Language Requirement: Designated Day 1 Ready – immediate requirement for language proficiency: French: oral, reading, writing. English: oral, reading, writing.
- Candidates must meet language requirement for position upon hire.
- Police Record Check: The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Records and Judicial Matters Check with the Police Services detachment in their jurisdiction to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction. Police record checks completed by a third-party company will not be accepted.
- You will initially be paid 95% of your starting rate of pay, in accordance with the collective agreement.
- Please save a copy of the job poster. Once the closing date has passed, it will no longer be available.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The City of Ottawa promotes the principles of diversity and inclusion and adheres to the tenets of the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from members of Indigenous, Black and other racialized communities, persons with disabilities, women and non-binary persons, persons of all ethnic origins, religions, sexual orientations, classes, gender identities and expressions.
Candidates are encouraged to self-identify as a member of one or more designated employment equity groups in the self-identification questionnaire.
The City of Ottawa provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
Accessible formats and communication supports are available upon request. Please contact the HR Service Centre at 613-580-2424, extension 47411.