Job Title: Building Operator
Company: Taggart Realty Management
Reports to: Property Manager
Position Type: Permanent Full-Time
Location: 1891 Robertson Rd
Taggart Realty Management
Part of the Taggart Group of Companies, Taggart Realty Management focuses on acquiring, developing and managing residential, office and commercial property. Taggart Realty Management has a consistently large number of new projects being developed at one time, each at varying stages of the construction process. The projects are focused in the Ottawa and Kingston marketplaces.
Taggart Realty Management, member of the Taggart Group of Companies, owns and operates, over 30 buildings in both the Ottawa and Kingston Market. Taggart Realty Management is a leader in full-service property management and real estate development, with over 3 million square feet in residential, commercial and office space in our portfolio.
We are currently seeking a Building Operator to join our team in downtown Ottawa. Reporting to the Property Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for technical troubleshooting of our various buildings and responding to our various day to day needs of each building. The performance of the duties must ensure a quality approach to all employees, tenants, homeowners, customers, managers, and subcontractors. All responsibilities must be performed in a manner consistent with the Taggart Realty Management vision, mission, and must comply with all company policies and procedures. The building operator in coordination with the property manager are responsible for testing new procedures and improving current processes that in turn support the strategy and goals of Taggart Realty Management.
- Provide responsive, professional customer service to all tenants or owners of the facilities.
- Liaise with tenant contacts on a regular basis to establish and maintain a healthy working relationship; Providing assistance to our tenants as needed.
- Respond to and complete, in a timely manner, all tenant service requests or technical troubleshooting to ensure smooth operations of each unit/ building.
- Responsible for the appearance of the property and safety and convenience of the tenants and clientele at all times.
- Responsible for the efficient, effective and successful control of equipment maintenance, building structures and property in accordance with approved practices, procedures, methods and financials.
- Liaise with contractors, assist in providing supervision of all trades servicing the building equipment/systems.
- Know the ins and outs of all building systems, with the ability to troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Know all building systems and contracts, ensure that maintenance, servicing and renewals are in completed in accordance to company policy, and/or contract specifications.
- Complete property inspections in accordance with the inspection frequency Schedules.
- Maintain all appropriate logs and manuals as required for each building.
- Ensure that any preventative maintenance or issues that may be on the horizon are communicated with the Property Manager.
- Conduct weekly inspections of buildings, make recommendations and implement improvements in consultation with the Property Manager and / or Facilities Manager of operational tasks and repairs that are required to the property.
- Collaborate to implement a pro-active preventative maintenance program for building equipment/systems to ensure that all systems are properly maintained, serviced in a pro-active manner and remain energy efficient.
- Coordinate the services when required of contractors to complete repairs and maintenance, including but not limited to HVAC systems, electrical, mechanical,
lighting, plumbing, etc.
- Contact appropriate maintenance service provider for ad hoc repairs as required.
- Monitor HVAC systems, boilers, pumps, fan units, control panels, cooling towers, generator etc. and maintain logs for these systems.
- Provide after-hours coverage of designated properties on a rotational basis with other building operators.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety policies and procedures while performing job duties.
- Any other duties as required.
Statement of Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Previous experience as a Building Operator role is an asset.
- Previous experience as a Residential Building Operator is an asset.
- Post-secondary education in mechanical or trade related field is considered an asset.
- The candidate must possess strong building operations knowledge, with the ability to read drawings, understand construction agreements, and scope of work, with the ability to challenge terms or systems that aren’t suitable.
- Knowledge of commercial, and/or residential buildings, both new construction and older building is required.
- The candidate will have experience working with complex HVAC, Building Automation and Fire Alarm Systems in a variety of buildings.
- Possesses working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Work, PowerPoint).
- Familiar with various BAS systems considered an asset.
- Possess a mechanical/technical aptitude with the ability to use a variety of hand and electric tools.
- Ability to troubleshoot, multi-task, work under pressure and achieve quality results.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills with keen attention to detail and time management skills with the ability to follow strict deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude, with the ability to nurture and grow stakeholder relationships.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Valid Class G driver’s license: with the ability to travel throughout the City.
Physical/Sensory Effort/Work Environment:
- Provide service to multiple people or departments, working under many simultaneous deadlines.
- Willingness to be mobile and to travel to various sites as required. The role requires work to be performed primarily on-site, but will require periods in the office.
- Overtime may be required on an occasional basis in order to meet the changing demands of the project(s).
All candidates are asked to apply via the following link: taggartgroup.bamboohr.com/jobs. Any questions regarding the position can be directed to [email protected].
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Taggart Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical or mental handicap, or financial ability.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with a Disabilities Act, we’re committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If you require accommodation or special assistance, please send an email to [email protected] with your request. Your information will be treated as confidential.