Job Title: Part-Time Field Welder Tester
Location: Red Deer, AB
Start Date: ASAP
Job Category: Part Time (on as needed basis; no minimum guaranteed hours)
Your expertise shapes our business
At the CWB Group, we find fulfillment and inspiration knowing that we are performing meaningful and purposeful work. Every day is a new adventure with opportunities to learn from industry leaders and, most importantly, from each other. When you join the CWB Group, you become part of a diverse and inclusive, tight-knit team passionate about making a global impact.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI)
The CWB Group believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented employees from a diverse candidate pool.
Work with us and achieve your career goals
For almost 75 years, our employees have been the backbone of our business, driving our success and extraordinary reputation. We challenge our employees to take charge of their careers and provide growth opportunities, tools and resources to reach their goals.
What to expect:
As a Part-Time Field Welder Tester you will provide welder qualification testing services to CWB clients who are applicants or certified to various CSA welding standards to support the FT Certification Services Representative in the area. These services may also be provided to unions and accredited testing centers. Please note that this part time position is on as needed basis and there are no guaranteed hours (On call availability is required all day from Monday to Friday)
This position reports to the Regional Manager, Western Operations and will work out of CWB's client locations, within the Red Deer, AB and surrounding areas.
What you bring to the table:
- Knowledge of welding and CSA W47.1, W47.2 and W186 welder qualification testing standards.
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience in one of the following:
- Welding experience with CWB welder qualification tickets, CWB Approved Welding Supervisor, Welding Inspection, or Educator/Trainer background
- Technical background and knowledge of the welding and joining industry
- A valid driver’s license and own vehicle are mandatory for travel
- Minimum-INTERMEDIATE computer knowledge of MS Windows / MS Office (Outlook).
The following qualifications would be an asset:
- CWB Approved Welding Supervisor
- CSA W178.2 Level 1 or 2 Inspector.
- Journey Person Welder (with more than 5 years experience)
- Welding Engineering Technician/Technologist
What’s in it for you?
The CWB Group is committed to providing accommodation to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us when applying and we will work with you to meet your needs. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Apply today!
Practical Welding, Welding Inspector, Educator/Trainer or Welding Supervision background
College Diploma or better in Welding Engineering Technology or related field
Assessment and evaluation