We are currently seeking individuals for the position of Framers. We are looking for team players who work well alongside others and can perform their duties competently and with efficiency. Join the YSB Team!
- Be a team player.
- Builds walls, floors, truss and any other components required for onsite construction.
- Carrying, moving, organizing lumber (must be able to carry at least 50 lbs)
- Measuring, marking, cutting lumber
- Follow the established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Able to work with little to no supervision.
- Familiar with the operation of hand and power tools including, but not limited to; hammers ,drills, chainsaws, skill saws, jackhammers, etc.
- Knowledgeable in the installation of windows, doors, roof trusses, sheathing, hardware, etc.
- Build weather and safety protection.
- Have experience in the framing of walls and floors
- Erect scaffolding and ladders.
- Build and install stairs
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- The ability to read building plans is an asset.
Previous experience in framing is required
We offer competitive pay, great benefits, tool programs, overtime hours and a pension plan.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $25.00-$40.00 per hour
- Dental care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ottawa-Gatineau, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Framing: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person