Do you have a keen eye for detail, great communication skills, and a desire to work in a positive team environment? Purdys Chocolatier is looking for Casual General Help - Full Time to join our efficient Production Teams at our Chester Street packline facility in Vancouver, BC!
Start as soon as possible for 6 month contract. Opportunity to be promoted to permanent full time based on your performance!
Duties include but are not limited to:
All applicants MUST have :
- Coating and garnishing of cream centres, caramels, and other products
- Sorting, picking and packaging chocolate into boxes
- Consistently meeting daily production targets
- Maintaining cleanliness of equipment, machines and work stations
- Examining products and recording results for quality control
- Performing other duties as assigned
PERKS working at Purdys Chocolatier:
- Availability: Must be able to work the same shift from Monday to Friday.
- 8330 Chester - 6:30AM - 3:00PM or 3:00PM - 11:30PM
- Strong spoken and written English communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team
- CSA Certified safety shoes
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Experience working with Food Manufacturing Machinery is an asset
- Comply with SQF policies and procedures
- Enjoy chocolate while you are on breaks
- Employee discount on all products through our online store – perfect for all your gifts!
- Referral program – refer a friend to work at Purdys and get a cash reward
- Access to internal job postings – we love to promote employees within the company
- Collaborate with fantastic people who are passionate about creating incredible Purdys moments
- Fun working environment that values work-life balance
**As this is a unionized work environment – union membership is mandatory upon hire. This is a full-time position, 40 hours/week.
Starts at $17.68/hr.
**Additional $0.75/hr for PM shifts (between 6PM and 12AM)
**Additional $1.00/hr for PM shifts (between 12AM and 6AM)
**Additional $1.00/hr for valid Occupational First Aid Certificate Level 2 & 3