At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
Business Insights Analyst (Workforce Analyst) - Temporary 6 Months
Job Title: Bus Insights Analyst II Reference Number: 118163
Location: Surrey Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Hours of Work: 7.5 hr Day Shift (M-F) Posted Date: 2023/11/20
ICBC's Workforce Planning and Optimization department (Finance Division) in Surrey Guildford is seeking a temporary (6 months) Business Insights Analyst to support continuous improvement of divisional business by providing statistical analysis and resource planning/staff modelling services for internal customers.
We are looking for an individual with exceptional business communication skills, along with demonstrated expertise in providing consultative and analytical services. Your experience exploring, analysing and modelling relevant data, along with honed presentation skills, will be effective in building the business relationships that will be key to successful implementation of the staffing models.
In this role, you are required to use your strong critical thinking and analytical skills along with your exceptional business acumen to review complex data and present it in a manner that provides value and supports the staffing needs of the business while ensuring consistency and accuracy in the modelling.
- At least 2 years data mining and analysis; or statistical modelling; with Advanced Excel abilities
- Accountability for one’s work, application of critical thinking and ability to deal with ambiguity are key to being successful
- Demonstrated strength in both written and verbal communication, as you will be required to present on work produced
- Exceptional business acumen and a keen eye for visual reporting and presentation
- Knowledge of the relevant technical tools, computer applications and databases to extract relevant data, develop and present analysis and model effective staffing requirements
- Solid skills/ background using Excel, pivot table charts and presentation charts
- Operational Excellence / LEAN training is an asset
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work effectively and accurately under pressure and within an ever-changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to interact and work with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and at different levels within the organization, and build strong relationships
- Ability to work effectively within a team or independently
- Background in Statistics is an asset
This is a hybrid-remote position located in Surrey Guildford (2 days on-site, 3 days work from home). The hourly rate for this temporary position is $42.33 (plus 19.2% in lieu of benefits and vacation = $50.46 hourly). This is a full-time role, Monday to Friday.
Only candidates currently legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50.46 per hour
Work Location: In person