George Jeffrey Children’s Centre (GJCC) is a paediatric health facility in Thunder Bay, Ontario providing occupational therapy, physiotherapy, speech-language pathology, social work, recreation, and behaviour support services to children and youth with physical, communication and developmental needs. We are currently seeking talented speech-language pathologists to join our team!
Permanent full-time, temporary (12-month) full-time position, and casual positions available.
Our speech-language pathologists work with children from infancy to 19 years of age. As part of a collaborative multi-disciplinary team, responsibilities include assessment, development and monitoring of treatment programs, consultation with parents/caregivers and other service providers, and assistance with resource needs. GJCC currently has opportunities for SLP interested in growing their skills in the areas of augmentative communication, school and community-based rehabilitation, and rural service provision (within the District of Thunder Bay).
Why George Jeffrey Children's Centre?
- Supportive work environment
- Collaborative, multi-disciplinary teams
- Paid education days and professional development opportunities
- Wellness and inclusion initiatives
- Extended health benefits, employee assistance program
- HOOPP pension
- Relocation reimbursement
To be considered for these positions, candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Registration with the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO)
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of an inter-disciplinary team
- Ability to collaborate with service partners, families, caregivers and other stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creativity and flexibility to provide service in a variety of settings
- Valid Ontario Driver’s Licence and access to a personal vehicle
Knowledge of and experience working with Indigenous peoples and communities is considered an asset. Bilingualism English/French is considered an asset.
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to enrich children’s lives, while enhancing your professional and personal growth in our team-based environment. Passion for providing the best possible standard of care, understanding of paediatric rehabilitation services, and exceptional people skills are key to succeeding in this role. We encourage applications from qualified candidates, who share our vision of empowered and inspired children, youth and families.
Successful candidates will be required to submit a Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume with covering letter to:
George Jeffrey Children’s Centre
200 Brock Street East
Thunder Bay ON, P7E 0A2
Job Types: Casual, Permanent, Full-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: Up to $43.96 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision care
- Work from home
George Jeffrey Children's Centre follows all Public Health recommendations and guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19. COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in place.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Thunder Bay, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- registration with CASLPO (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Thunder Bay, ON