Are you a Healthcare Aide who is local to Cranbrook and looking for full time work?
With 15,000 employees in 92 countries, decades of experience, and 2500 global experts in Medical, Fire, and Rescue, we aren’t just setting the bar, we ARE the bar.
No one trains, prepares, leads, and innovates like International SOS, that’s why we are on more sites in Canada, and around the world, then any other competitor. If you want a career in Health and Emergency Services and want to be part of the world’s clear leader, International SOS is for you.
Start training for a lifetime of success today. Join the International SOS team!
The Role: Tuesdays – Fridays (10 hour days). Patient Transports from Cranbrook to Kelowna. Accommodations are provided on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Subsistence
allowance provided daily in addition to day rate.
- Responsible to assist with non-emergency patient transport in remote locations, providing the necessary medical care and coordination to ensure a safe and successful transport
- Ride along on a diversified bus to assist is transporting low acuity patients to various medical facilities along interior BC.
- During the transport, providing medical care and monitoring as needed to ensure the patient's safety and comfortable. This may include monitoring vital signs and assisting with mobility while on the bus.
- Ensure a smooth transfer of the patient to the appropriate medical facility or care provider.
- Maintain inventory of onsite medical equipment
- Must have training in basic life support and the use of medical equipment provided
- Administer first aid, as required
- Aid patients who are stationed in wheelchairs
- If emergency non-life threatening care was needed, medical support on bus will need to treat and stabilize patient until elevated care can be offered.
- Health Care Aide Certificate recognized by British Columbia provincial curriculum
- Certified in First Aid with AED training
- Clear Criminal Record Check including the Vulnerable Sectors Check is required
- Experience within the indigenous community, an asset
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $400.00 per day
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
Flexible Language Requirement:
- BC-recognized Healthcare Aide certificate (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2024-01-01