Vidir Solutions Inc., Elevating Careers and Community
“We rise by lifting others” – Robert Ingersol
What makes a Vidir Hero? Someone who serves others, acts with integrity, keeps others safe, and uses their powers to elevate others. Our team at Vidir is made up of individuals who help others do what they do best. Whether that’s creating a perfect precision weld or designing the next dynamic solution in automated material handling, our team members know that what they are doing every day is helping someone else be successful as well. With world class automation products in every industry and in over 45 countries across the globe, Vidir offers you a chance to be innovative and to set and achieve high standards. As one of Manitoba’s Top Employers a career at Vidir will help you find meaning in Mondays!
Working at Vidir is about more than just being an employee; we work hard and hold ourselves to high standards. We encourage continuous growth, diversity, and lifting others up. We live by the Code of Vidir HEROICS, our shared set of values and the way they shape our decisions and actions to turn every day into an epic opportunity to elevate to the next level. At Vidir, you’re part of the family and this is our family culture.
Our mission is to “Make the world’s products safely accessible”. We are looking for ambitious, curious, creative individuals, who are continuously growing to join our team of Vidir Hero’s.
“With great power comes great responsibility”
- Providing high quality customer service within Vidir’s service level and quality guidelines
- Advanced technical troubleshooting with Vidir customers calling to resolve concerns related to their equipment.
- Complete and provide work orders ensuring all details and responsibilities are clearly defined.
- Liaise with internal departments to investigate and escalate technical issues as appropriate
- Communicating the appropriate information to the parts and shipping departments to ensure appropriate parts are delivered to the customer.
- Maintain up to date documentation on all service and technician actions.
- Implement Preventative Maintenance Programs for new and existing customers.
- High School Diploma or GED is required. Trades certificate in a mechanical or electrical related field or a Diploma/certificate as an electrical or mechanical technician/technologist would be preferred.
- Ability to work on site at our Teulon, Manitoba facility.
- 1-3 years’ experience in the service industry is required.
- Experience troubleshooting HMI and product electrical and mechanical machine interfacing
- ERP software experience.
- Strong oral and writing communication skills and very customer service oriented.
- Good computer literacy with ability to manage new software programs.
Love Where you work – Live where you love:
You’re elevating others every day – we want you to reach the next level too! That’s why Vidir offers a competitive salary and benefits package; as well as incentives, perks and parties that promotes a culture of recognition and a rewarding work environment. We are also located in some unique locations that allow for the ultimate opportunity to enjoy that elusive work life balance. Ask us about our locations to find out more! It’s time to rise together and come manufacturer a brighter future with us!
Explore our company and products at www.vidirsolutions.com
Find out about the Vidir experience at www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpIXnfj6Q8c
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well