Our client, located in Brampton ON, is in search of a Human Resources Generalist to join their reputable team beginning as a contract.
They are a North American Leader in the Fabrication sectors with operations across Canada, and the USA. A fully-integrated supplier of manufacturing and engineering services providing steel components and complex, high-value-added assemblies for the agricultural, construction, mining, energy, heavy truck, and industrial sectors.
This role will lead the department to successfully meet the division's goals and objectives. Manages all Human Resources functions within the plant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all job postings and hiring process; recruitment by scheduling / coordinating interviews, speaking with candidates, coordinating the supply base, and coordinating activities.
- Participates in ongoing development, communication, and implementation of new programs and policies.
- Identifies, recommends and implements solutions for work-related problems. Input, file and retrieve organizational documents, records, and reports.
- Create and modify documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and/or other presentation software such as Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and other programs.
- Assist with planning and coordinating employee events, and maintaining communication boards.
- May conduct research and compile data.
- Maintain Progressive Discipline Process.
- Formally investigate and Resolve Employee Relations Concerns.
- Payroll, vacations, leaves of absence support, and tracking.
- Conduct on-boarding process orientation and associated personnel records for all new hires.
- Monitor and track the attendance policy.
- Responsible for all team member files and confidential information.
- Responsible for all team member benefits and workers' compensation systems.
- Supports efforts to achieve department and plant goals on Quality of Worklife Survey.
- Advises on organizational structures and changes and supports reorganizations.
- Ensures accurate and timely KPI and performance reporting related to the BEST Wheel; drives and initiates permanent corrective actions in case of deviations and monitors the implementation and effectiveness.
- Maintain Business Management System to support World Class Manufacturing and ISO certifications.
- Responsible for Plant and Equipment compliance with Environmental, O.S.H.A. and all other Federal or State requirements having to do with Health and Welfare.
- Performs other duties as necessary in support of departmental goals.
- Follows and comply with all Operational Procedures and policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook, Quality and Environment programs (i.e. IATF, ISO 14001)
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or GED
- Two or four-year degree in Business Administration Management or four years of job-related experience. Minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience
- Proficient Computer knowledge and skills, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Professional Communication skills (written and verbal)
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brampton, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (required)
- Human resources: 2 years (preferred)
- Manufacturing Industry: 2 years (preferred)
- ADP: 2 years (preferred)
- HRIS: 2 years (preferred)