Ontario Truck Driving School is a company in Hamilton, ON. We are professional, customer-centric, collaborative and our goal is to foster a friendly, productive, and inclusive work environment for staff and students.
Our work environment includes:
- Modern office setting
- On-the-job training
- Growth opportunities
Seeking Full-Time Office Administrator
The candidate must have excellent communication skills, a reasonable comfort level with computers, a keen sense of organization, and a strong handle on paperwork. The position is targeting 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, during normal business hours. We offer competitive compensation.
Our Preferred Candidate
We're looking for a conscientious, friendly, and courteous individual. Work productivity is important but our prospective students, instructors, and staff are also looking for someone with a warm and professional demeanor.
Our office environment is friendly and people-facing. You will be working with the Hamilton manager and other administrators in a mutually-supportive office workplace.
- Handling clerical and regulatory paperwork
- Email inbox management: Composing, Replying, Forwarding Emails
- Productive collaboration with the Hamilton Manager and Other Administrators
- Providing support for colleague administrators
- Providing phone support alongside your administrator colleagues
- Other tasks as deemed appropriate by the manager
- Candidates with relevant post-secondary experience are given preference.
- Candidates with administrative experience are given preference.
- Candidates with customer service experience are given preference.
- Good Grasp of Paperwork and Clerical Tasks
- Working Knowledge of Office Equipment and Microsoft Office
- Good Time Management and the Ability to Prioritize Work
- Good Attention to Detail and Problem Solving Skills
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Strong Organizational Skills with the Ability to Multi-Task
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
All employees, students, and visitors are permitted (but not required) to wear masks indoors. Classroom distance education and virtual meetings are commonly employed tools in our workplace.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hamilton, ON L8E 3P2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Are you looking for full-time work or part-time work?
- Secondary School (required)
- administrative: 1 year (preferred)
- client (e.g. retail customer, office client): 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person