Competitive salary based upon experience
129 Fenmar Dr, North York / 8470 Keele St, Concord
**All Shifts** Please note this position is 100% outdoors.
**Must have leadership experience**
Here’s what we do…
CMI sources and processes recycled ferrous and non-ferrous metals across North America and ensure they do not end up in a landfill or go to waste. Our recycling stream ensures that all the ferrous and non-ferrous metals that enter our yards will create something new again
Here’s where you come in!
CMI is looking for Yard Supervisors to lead a team of employees in our outdoor processing yard on various shifts. The Supervisor will ensure the safety, housekeeping, quality, and productivity meets all company and customer standards.
Sound good so far? Here’s what you’ll be responsible for in this role…
- Supervise, manage and mentor employees
- Train, coach, discipline and motivate team
- Ensure employees are trained on and follow all health, safety and environmental policies and procedures
- Plan and assign daily work load
- Direct and control the flow of material through the year
- Ensure production is on time and meets quality standards
- Assist with the improvement and maintain operational efficiencies
- Implement continuous improvement projects and initiatives
- Maintain a high level of customer service with internal and external customers
- Manage daily preventative maintenance programs on all equipment and liaise with maintenance department regarding any equipment failures, damage etc.
We think it would be ‘#&@!’ing awesome if you have or are…
A few super cool things about us / what we offer:
- Post-secondary education in an Operations Program is an asset
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of “hands on” supervisory experience, preferably in a manufacturing or metal recycling facility
- Enjoys working in a fast paced outdoor environment
- An insatiable curiosity for learning and discovering
- Forklift license is an asset
- Demonstrates strong leadership and ability to motivate a team
- Strong customer service skills aligned to meeting the needs of internal and external customers
- A competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and performance-based increases
- Yearly Safety Boot Allowance
- Organized, clean, and well-maintained work environment
- Free CMI Academy webinars and workshops to accelerate your professional development
- On the job training with CMI’s culture of learning and opportunities to advance
- An inclusive, friendly and multi-cultural environment
- Progressive and approachable leadership team focused on winning and continuous improvement
- Our commitment to your health and safety, and the health and safety of our customers, neighbours, and others around us
- A purposeful role protecting the environment and contributing to sustainability.
Are you already picturing yourself at CMI? We thought you might be! Send us your resume and let us know how you would you make an impact at CMI.
At CMI we are committed to fostering an inclusive equitable workplace, free of bias and discrimination, where everyone feels valued, respected, and supported. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where feasible. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.