The Production Worker works as part of a team to meet the daily production goals. They must complete one or more tasks that are part of product creation, finishing, inspecting or palletizing. They must report any problems or discrepancies to their supervisor. Strict adherence to current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) is required. The production worker will report to their assigned supervisor. They are expected to interact with other members of the leadership team, Quality Assurance department and staff as required to carry out their duties.
Duties as described, included to but not limited to the following:
- Starting up, setting up and stopping equipment.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment that is free of debris. Cleaning production area - Sweep, mop, and remove debris.
- Feed or place items onto equipment for processing.
- Measure, pour or mix ingredients.
- Ensure conformance to specifications.
- Pull damaged or non-conforming product off the line.
- Record data.
- Take instructions from supervisors and Quality Assurance.
- Perform product Quality Control Checks.
- Openly communicates with co-workers to inform them of anything unusual or potentially dangerous
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Adhere to GMPs, SQF and HACCP written Program.
- Follow all Safe Working Practices and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
Knowledge and Skills
- High school diploma, food safe certificate, WHMIS and HACCP knowledge are an asset.
- Fluency in the English language (both orally and in writing).
- May require overtime on occasion
- Requires physical fitness and mobility in the plant environment
- Ability to lift up to 20-30 pounds
- A tolerance for warm temperatures
- To stand and walk for extended periods of time while doing repetitive tasks.
- Tolerance to working with chemicals.
Shift Time: Monday - Friday from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM (Full Time)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $17.50 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Delta, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you able to work Full-Time, Monday to Friday from 3:30 PM to 12:00 AM?
Work Location: In person