Saje Natural Wellness is passionate about helping people live healthier, happier and longer lives. We have created over 500 products that are sold exclusively through our own growing retail locations and eCommerce channel. Our goal is to connect people with the healing power of plants by using 100% natural ingredients in our products. Saje Natural Wellness is growing rapidly with plans to have 200+ stores by 2020 throughout North America.
We have been ranked by Canadian Business and PROFIT as one of Canada’s fastest growing companies and with awesome growth we are looking for A-players to join our team who are enthusiastic about natural wellness and want to share this passion with the world!
Our culture is sacred to us. We have built an environment that fosters people, wellness and of course awesomeness!
Are you ready for your #dreamjob?
Saje Natural Wellness is seeking a passionate Natural Food Chef Assistant. Do you love creating plant-based, nutritious and delicious meals? We are looking for a positive, energetic and helpful team member to support our Natural Food Specialist. If your dream job involves cooking and getting creative in the kitchen, nourishing the awesome Saje Team and living a life focused on natural and nutritional wellness, this could be your dream job!
- Assist with food preparation (washing, cutting, chopping) and food serving to team members.
- Support the Natural Food Specialist with preparation of snacks and lunches for team members.
- Ordering, replenishing and maintaining inventory of gourmet and natural food products within the Saje Kitchen.
- Ordering and managing all kitchen supplies and appliances.
- Assist with maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the Saje Kitchen.
- Maintaining clean and organized fridges and pantry.
- Assist with washing and sanitizing dishes and kitchen equipment.
- Assist with tracking team members’ food allergies.
- Support the Natural Food Specialist in catering for awesome Saje Events both at the Saje Vancouver Office and at other awesome community Saje Events at various locations.
- Assist Natural Food Specialist by managing Food & Beverage briefs submitted by team members.
- Assist the Natural Food Specialist with administrative tasks (such as expenses and budget tracking).
- A passion and love for whole food that is nutritious.
- Education in Health or Nutrition is an asset.
- Friendly, positive attitude, helpful and a team player.
- Confident using kitchen equipment including knives, hotplates and crockpot
- Strong knife skills are an asset.
- Great communication skills with the ability to stay organized and focused.
- Creative with food with a desire to continuously learn more about nutrition while having maximum fun in the kitchen.
- Previous experience working in a kitchen or service industry would be an asset, however not required.
- Hold up-to-date Food Safe Level 1 Certification.
Reporting to the Natural Food Specialist