The Bids Manager facilitates the preparation of high quality, professional business proposals in response to major opportunities within the regional sales markets. The Bid Manager acts as a single point of contact, working with sales, product and all other corporate groups, to provide professional leadership and co-ordination of large proposals, and to manage the bidding process from initial RFx receipt until bid submission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Account Managers to analyze and breakdown the tender/RFP requirements released by carriers and ICT/enterprise customers.
- Establish the bid response team across the relevant groups/departments including product, sales, legal, corporate communications, human resources etc.
- Prepare proposal milestones and responsibility matrix.
- Manage virtual teams to meet critical schedules. Develop and manage team timelines, collect/escalate to attain appropriate response collateral, design physical response media, and oversee final production of response in preparation for submission to client.
- Ensure company goals and strategies are understood and imbedded in RFP/RFI responses.
- Overall ownership of the proposal including final writing, editing and review of the RFP for thoroughness, messaging logic, accuracy, quality, effective design and layout.
- Preparation of material for executive approvals for price and key decisions.
- Organize and participate in the post-bid clarification, lessons learned and contract start-up briefings.
- Potential for managing multiple bids (depending on the size) and aiding in the overall administration of the bid management process.
- Organize bid response material and population of this within the corporate Bids Knowledge Database for future RFP submissions. Maintain accurate records of each proposal for detailed reporting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Relevant Education and/or Work Experience
- Project management experience, and excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated strength in analyzing and interpreting bid requirements.
- Strong grasp of business strategy, and generic operational procedures.
- Microsoft Office expertise (complete knowledge of Word), Visio, Internet skills, and Adobe Acrobat knowledge.
- Strong knowledge and experience with writing, editing, printing, binding, and page layout.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, pro-active, self-motivated, with strong communication and presentation skills.
- Able to work in a high stress environment, managing multiple projects often with short notice deadlines.
- Must be fluent in English including strong written skills, French skill sets would be a strong asset.
- Financial management training and experience would be a strong asset.
***one year contract may become permanent***
- BSC or BA (Business, Marketing, Engineering, Telecommunications Management, Accounting).
- 3-5 years’ experience in bids and proposals, or technical sales of telecommunications/IT field.
- Good understanding of Canadian telecommunications/IT market landscape.
- Must be fluent in English and French with strong written skills in both languages