For more than 40 years, Calian has been solving the world’s most complex problems by pairing the brightest minds with powerful technology. Calian solutions impact the world; from the satellites in space that connect us to the farms that feed us, from the medical professionals who care for us to the governments, schools and companies that make the world better every day.
The Junior Project Manager works within our defence team to support the management of external customers as well as the manufacturing aspects of our defence products. Reporting to the Project Manager, you will ensure alignment with budget, timeline, and scope, contributing to the success of our defence products.
- Create project plans including budgets, schedules, and key milestones
- Deliver projects on-time, within scope, and within budget
- Liaise with various internal manufacturing, supply chain, and management teams to ensure client satisfaction
- Interface with our customers and provide them with regular progress updates
- Lead and support proposals of existing and new customers and review the administration of associated subcontracts
- Collaborate with various stakeholders of the organization and across cross-functional teams by providing clear project expectations, recommendations, and project status updates, while striving to remove barriers to success
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in considered an asset
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working with an ERP (i.e. SAP) is considered an asset
- Experience in defence, satellite communications, or other technology sector is considered an asset
- Experience in a project management or team lead environment is considered an asset
- You will have the ability to meet the requirements outlined in the Canadian Controlled Goods Program
- You will be able to obtain a Government Security Clearance at the Reliability level
Why Work for Calian
- No one-size fits all! We give teams freedom of choice in building an ideal work environment.
- Flexible hours, on-site, hybrid, or work from home options depending on the role requirements.
Calian is a publicly traded company that keeps the world moving forward.We inspire confidence in our customers’ ability to communicate, innovate, learn, and lead safe and healthy lives.This confidence is achieved through synchronized efforts across our organization to provide our customers with solutions inAdvancedTechnologies, Health, Learning, and IT& Cyber Solutions. This role is part of our corporate team and will work closely with all internal clients who support these business units
Growth and Innovation
Calian is a technology company with an aggressive growth agenda based on our ability to solve significant and complex problems for our customers. In this role, you will be a key member of the Calian.
We put our people first. We encourage employees to advance their Calian career through professional development and corporate career. Calian is an innovative and growing organization—have your ideas heard by pitching to senior leadership through the Calian Idea Contest!
We lead with trust. We reinforce personal responsibility and accountability. Calian fosters collaboration through open communication and promotes an environment of learning and professional growth.
Diversity and Inclusion
Calian fosters an environment that allows employees to maximize their potential, by nurturing a culture where everyone is valued for their differences.
- Robust company-paid benefits for you and your family starting on your first day. Includes health, dental, vision, employee assistance program (EAP), disability and life insurance for our employees and their dependants. Calian covers the cost of benefit premiums!
- Generous time off package that includes paid sick time, volunteer day, family leave days, and paid shutdown period between December 25 and January 1
- A balanced approach to work and life as we understand the importance of your personal lives
- Stock purchase plan with additional contribution from Calian
- RRSP Matching Program
And according to our CEO… “A freaking awesome team!”
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person