- Join the growing team of experts and make your contribution to the community!
- Feel valued and challenged within a collaborative and driven team environment
- Receive a highly competitive hourly wage of $35-45 plus a $3000 signing bonus for qualified candidates!
About Milani Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd.
Our story begins over 60 years ago with one man and a dream. The man was Demetrio Milani, and the dream was to be able to care for and provide for his family. Milani has grown from one man into a thriving business consisting of over one hundred service trucks and dozens of technicians - the company now supports over one hundred employees and their families. As one of the area’s top plumbing contractors, Milani continues to offer our customers the great service, professional workmanship, honesty, and integrity that has made us what we are today.
At Milani, we firmly believe that our people are our strength. We are constantly on the lookout for hardworking, qualified people to join our team. We offer excellent wages and benefits and we encourage our staff to be involved in our ongoing training programs so that our teams can meet the constantly changing needs of our customers. We believe in “Hiring for Attitude and Training for Success.”
For more information on our organization, please visit our website:
About the Opportunity
We are currently expanding our company with multiple exciting opportunities for Plumbers and Gas Fitter Technicians/Installers to join our team in the Lower Mainland area on a full-time basis. You will be working in customers' homes throughout the lower mainland. Candidates can choose to work 4 days x10 hours, or 5 days x8 hours, any day of the week. In order to qualify for the signing bonus, candidates with a valid Gas A/B ticket, and/or Plumbing Red Seal certification, and at least 5 years of experience, will receive a signing bonus up to $3000, paid out in $1000 increments for every 6 months of employment.
More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Installing fixtures such as taps, sinks, toilets, etc.
- Sewer line and drain tile cleaning (utilizing a mainliner, camera, hydro flush)
- Troubleshooting leaks and re-piping water lines
- Conducting plumbing installs and retrofits
- Installing and troubleshooting hot water tanks
- Installing, repairing, and maintaining plumbing fixtures and systems
- Measuring, cutting, and threading pipes using machines
- Joining pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, cement or and welding equipment
- Testing pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
- Reading blueprints to determine the layout of plumbing systems, water supply networks, and waste and drainage systems
- Locating and marking positions for pipe connections, and cutting openings in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings
- Conducting simple drain cleaning (kitchen sinks, toilets, etc.)
More About You
In order to qualify for these roles, you will need at least 3 years of relevant experience. For Technicians, a Red Seal certification is a strong asset, but not required. For Installers, Red Seal certification in Plumbing or Gas Fitting is required. Candidates must possess a Class 5 Driver's License with a clean driving record, as a company vehicle and tools will be supplied.
We are looking for someone with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, who is able to work independently. You are a good problem-solver with a solution-oriented, resourceful, and technical mindset. Your ability to stay calm and professional, even under pressure, will be a valuable addition to our service-focused philosophy. You manage time efficiently on each project, with a willingness to learn new processes, systems, and tools as the technology advances in the industry. As our ideal candidate, you are highly organized, with exceptional follow-through abilities and a positive attitude.
Customer service experience would be a strong asset for Technicians, as you possess the ability to liaise with customers while providing our world-class service.
Lastly, we're looking for someone with integrity, and who values their individual contribution to the success of the company. If you are someone who values autonomy, variety, and a supportive work atmosphere, read on to find out what we can offer you!
About the Benefits
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be awarded a competitive hourly wage of $35-45, based on skills and experience along with a wide host of competitive benefits including:
- $3000 signing bonus for qualified candidates
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Cash bonus program for positive reviews
- Flexible work schedule (4 days x10 hours or 5 days x8 hours, weekdays or weekends)
- Company vehicle and gas card provided
- Vacation pay that starts at 2 weeks
- Monthly training provided to enhance your skills and knowledge
- Opportunities for advancement and professional development
- Company events, activities, and Christmas celebrations that we're eager to get back to!
- The opportunity to join an inclusive, tight-knit organization that fosters an environment that genuinely cares about the well-being of its people
If you are looking for a welcoming team and culture where you can build a lifelong career - Apply Now!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $37.00-$50.00 per hour
- Company car
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Overtime pay
- Red Seal (preferred)
- Gas A or B License (required)
- Drivers License (required)
Work Location: In person