At CN, everyday brings new and exciting challenges. You can expect an interesting environment where you’re part of making sure our business is running optimally and safely―helping keep the economy on track. We provide the kind of paid training and opportunities that long-term careers are built on and we recognize hard workers who strive to make a difference. You will be able to thrive in our close-knit, safety-focused culture working together as ONE TEAM. The careers we offer are meaningful because the work we do matters. Join us!
- Performs minor and major repairs, servicing and up fitting on all types of vehicles, (cars, light truck, medium/heavy trucks and truck trailers) including mounted vehicle attachments (cranes, hirail, gensets etc.) and material handling equipment.
- Uses electric and oxy-acetylene welding equipment, and other vehicle repair tools to perform repairs.
- Records details on prescribed forms in accordance with established procedures.
- Required to perform duties in-shop, outside and at field locations as required.
- Variable shifts to accommodate vehicle availability may be required. (Outside work at terminals and in the field will be required).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be in possession of a valid Provincial Department of Labor Journeyman Certificate in the Heavy Duty or Commercial Transport Mechanical Repair Trade.
- Other additional mechanic certification (i.e.: Automotive Mechanic Journeyman Certificate) would be an asset.
- Must be able to pass the current Mechanic “A” test.
- Must be capable of servicing and repairing various types of Hirail equipment.
- Must have at least five years’ experience in the Heavy Duty or Commercial Transport repair trade.
- Capable of certifying company equipment in accordance with Provincial/Regulatory standards. Valid Provincial driver’s license is required. Air endorsement and class upgrade would be an asset.
- Capable to operate all types of vehicles and equipment serviced in the garage.
- Required to have own basic hand tools sufficient to perform repairs and servicing to all types of fleet equipment.
- Must be able to work either inside or outside at the terminal and away from the home point.
Shop environment, however, outside work at terminals and in the field will be required.
Variable shifts to accommodate vehicle availability may be required.
Prolonged stay away from home when performing fieldwork may be required.
CN is a world-class transportation leader and trade-enabler. Essential to the economy, to the customers, and to the communities it serves, CN safely transports more than 300 million tons of natural resources, manufactured products, and finished goods throughout North America every year. As the only railroad connecting Canada’s Eastern and Western coasts with the Southern tip of the U.S. through a 19,500 mile rail network, CN and its affiliates have been contributing to community prosperity and sustainable trade since 1919. CN is committed to programs supporting social responsibility and environmental stewardship. At CN, we work as ONE TEAM, focused on safety, sustainability and our customers, providing operational and supply chain excellence to deliver results.
CN is an employment equity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please monitor your email on a regular basis, as communication is primarily made through email.