JOIN THE DOGSTHAT FAMILY: HOUSEHOLD HELP WANTED
Household Assistant for CEO Susan Garrett
Part-Time with Potential for Full-Time / Personal and Household Support /
Local to DogsThat HQ
Embark on a rewarding journey with Susan Garrett, CEO of Say Yes Dog Training/DogsThat, as we look for an extraordinary Household Assistant. This role is your opportunity to shine in a dynamic, fun and fast paced environment that revolves around dog care and a well-kept home. It’s not just about the chores—it’s about enhancing the daily life of a leading figure in the dog training community and her beloved dogs.
- Create vegan meals that are both healthy and enjoyable.
- Various household tasks including cleaning, meal prep for dogs, cleaning after dogs (multi dog household), and some indoor and outdoor duties as well.
- Manage errands, shopping trips, and more (driver’s license required)
- Gradually take on more dog-centric duties, like walking dogs.
We start with part-time hours on Friday and Saturday from 9 am to 5 pm, plus a couple of weekday mornings (approx 24 hrs/week to start). As you become an indispensable part of our routine, there’s strong potential to transition into a full-time role (Friday and Saturday will not change). This could eventually include Sundays.
- Unconditional love for dogs and a service-oriented mindset.
- Proximity to DogsThat headquarters—within a 1-hour commute of Alberton, Ontario.
- Independent self-starter with a proactive approach.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Unwavering follow-through, ensuring tasks are completed to the highest standard.
- Flexible for taking on additional tasks as required.
- Agile, humble, trustworthy & a team player.
- Embraces continual personal development.
Additional Skills Appreciated but not Required:
- Technological prowess, especially with Mac computers and iPhones, and the ability to address common hardware and software challenges.
Why Join DogsThat:
Become part of a supportive and loving community. Your role extends beyond the traditional job—it touches lives, both human and dog.
To Leap into This Opportunity:
Your Resume AND Cover Letter
In your cover letter, you must include:
- A cover letter that paints a picture of why this role is perfect for you.
- Details about your household maintenance experience, dog experience and vegan cooking expertise.
- Any relevant experiences showcasing your tech skills and attention to detail.
- What is your expected salary range?
Be the Heartbeat of a Home Where Dogs and Passion Reside.
Thank you for showing interest in becoming a part of our DogsThat family. While we wish we could respond to every applicant, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
NOTE: No phone calls or in person visits will be accepted for applications.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 24 per week
Salary: $16.55-$20.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Alberton, ON L0R 1A0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Class G Licence (required)
Work Location: In person