Acara Solutions is seeking highly qualified candidates to work ON-SITE with our client in Scarborough, ON. Interested?
- Are you a Senior Automation Engineer who is looking to join one of the top companies within the Manufacturing Industry?
- Do you have experience with hands-on work designing, programming, testing, and commissioning advanced control systems mainly in industrial machinery?
Here's what you'd do:
- The role of the Senior Automation Engineer will include automation and controls systems design, advanced PLC and HMI logic and programming, testing, and start-up commissioning using, but not limited to Allen Bradley, Schneider, and Bosch.
- Complete software programming and hardware/software design using established standards as needed.
- Provide detailed information to communicate design and operation to customers, consultants, or contractors as applicable.
- Effectively communicates the status of projects to management.
- Assists with the selection, ordering, and delivery of software and hardware for the assigned projects.
- Assists in communicating both technical and business impact-related issues to customers and management.
- Assumes a supportive and stand-alone role in the commissioning and testing of all systems defined under the scope of work.
- Validates complete system functionality and troubleshoots issues with contractors or customers to ensure proper operation.
- Provide project-specific training for machine operators as needed.
- Assists in the development and creation of system operation manuals and training material based on project deliverables.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to junior resources and share experience and knowledge in a collaborative environment.
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and their potential applications.
- Develops programming estimates to support cost estimation for quoting.
- Ensure all documents and programs are complete, current, and stored appropriately upon project completion.
- Keep track of lessons learned on projects and share the information with the engineering and sales teams.
Here's what you'll get:
- Hours: 40 hrs/Week
- Length: DIRECT
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Electronic or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years experience in hands-on work designing, programming, testing, and commissioning advanced control systems mainly in industrial machinery
- Minimum of 5 years experience in reading electrical schematics/wiring diagrams and drawings.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in .Net, C/C++, C#, VB/VB.Net, SQL/TSQL/SQL+ or other high-level language is an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Electrical design with AutoCAD Electrical.
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Scarborough, ON M1V3N8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Electrical Design: 5 years (preferred)
- AutoCAD: 5 years (required)