Reporting to the Business Centre Manager, the Warehouse Clerk receives, verifies and stocks merchandise, prepares orders, packs goods and ships orders in a timely manner.
- Highly meticulous in keeping the warehouse tidy, ensuring merchandise is placed in the right location;
- Ensures productivity and safety in the warehouse as well as in the yard;
- Ensures orders are filled accurately and on time;
- Offload trucks, check for missing and damaged merchandise;
- Receive and verify shipments and place merchandise in stock;
- Locate related Customer back-orders and advise Customer of their arrival;
- Place and arrange stock in orderly fashion and re-arrange as required;
- Maintain the merchandise displays in an attractive manner;
- Pick and pack goods, and ship orders in an accurate and timely manner;
- Pack for goods damage free shipment;
- Keep the warehouse tidy ensuring productivity and safety in the warehouse;
- Provide sales support at the Counter as needed greeting customers, preparing orders, merchandising and other assigned tasks.
- Experience in a similar position is an asset;
- Excellent verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised and meet key deadlines;
- Team player, adaptable, energetic with a positive professional attitude;
- Demonstrated initiative to self-improvement of your business and product skills;
- Good PC skills including MS Office: Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Proactive in finding ways to improve productivity in the Warehouse;
- Must be able to handle items under 50lbs;
- Valid forklift certificate is an asset; otherwise training will be provided.
What’s in it for you
Voted Great Place to Work®, you can build an interesting and challenging career with possibility of advancement as well as continued personal and professional development. Guillevin has always given its employees the opportunity to develop their autonomy, professional skills and competencies. By joining us, you will integrate a team of motivated, competent, and engaged team players. Our Total Rewards package focuses on our human capital to create an environment where our employees can reach their full potential.
What we offer:
- A fast-paced, dynamic, empowering and friendly work environment open to today’s reality.
- Competitive salary and participation in our generous profit-sharing program that recognizes the individual contribution of our employees. There is no limit to your ingenuity; you are encouraged to create, improve, learn and surpass yourself.
- Flexible benefits program where you can choose the benefits and levels of coverage that are right for you:
- Health, dental, paramedical & vision care, and prescription medication
- Short- and long-term disability benefits because you never know what the future holds
- Supplemental Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with Telemedicine
- Travel Insurance
- Reimbursement of training expenses to acquire new skills and advance your career within the organization
- RRSP with generous employer contribution
- Possibility of contributing to a TFSA with a favorable group rate
- Post-graduate scholarship program for children of our employees
- Employee discounts on purchases
- Free parking
- Electric vehicle charging stations in many of our locations
Guillevin ensures equality in the recruitment and selection process by making employment decisions based on qualifications, relevant experience, knowledge and capability, demonstrated skills and accomplishments.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The masculine gender is used solely to simplify the text.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $24.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- warehouse: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person