Timberland Express is a subsidiary of Stella-Jones Inc. and is responsible for hauling all the products manufactured by the latter. Stella-Jones is North America's leading producer of industrial pressure-treated wood products. Responding to the vital infrastructure needs of our economy, we manufacture and distribute railway ties, utility poles, residential lumber and industrial wood products across the continent. The Company’s common shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: SJ).
Stella-Jones recruits team members who embody our core values and desire an environment where growth is inspired, dedication is recognized, and achievement is rewarded. Our ever- expanding footprint provides a great prospect for career advancement as we seek to develop our emerging leaders.
Operates commercial truck, Flat Bed to transport Utility Poles and other materials to and from specified destinations by performing the following duties:
- Delivers to customer yards and job site locations including multiple province, cross border state delivery.
- Maintains records, documents, permits and valid licenses for assigned truck/equipment.
- Drive truck to destination including adverse weather conditions and emergency storm response.
- Responsible for quantities and correct sizes and types to match shipping and receiving tickets to ensure accurate inventory.
- Ensure load tickets are signed, dated and submitted on time.
- Maintains truck log, according to provincial, state and Federal regulations.
- Maintains phone and/or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
- Performs daily pre and post trip DOT inspections on truck and trailer. Checks oil, coolant, tires, connections and pins.
- Performs emergency roadside repair such as changing lights, small mechanical problems, hoses and installs tire chains, etc.
- Overnight stays required.
- Properly secures Cargo per DOT regulations.
- Responsible for safety, DOT and provincial and OHSA awareness.
- Participates and contributes to company safety programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
$22.00 to $27.00 per hour
- Trucking: 3 years (preferred)
- CDL and/or AZ Commercial License (preferred)
As a Stella-Jones employee, you will enjoy access to excellent benefits and incentives, including:
Complete benefits package including:
Extended health and dental coverage, including a health spending account, Life insurance & Short/Long Term Disability coverage.
Retirement program (RRSP) with generous Company match (150% on the first 2.5%)
Company Share Purchase Program with Company contribution.
Stella-Jones is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, provincial, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Stella-Jones makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.