Clinic and Volunteer Coordinator
Part-Time Permanent (0.6FTE)
The Charles H. Best Diabetes Centre is a one of a kind charitable organization that exclusively serves the needs of patients with Type 1 Diabetes. We support patients of all ages and work closely with their families and caregivers. Our interdisciplinary team provides intensive care and support for patients from the time of diagnosis; includingeducation, resources and reassurance to see them safely through the tumultuous early days of this life-changing condition. Our patients remain with us throughout all stages of their lives. We provide care to children, see teens through the transition to adulthood and work with adults through lifecycle changes such as pregnancy and into the senior years. Located in the Brooklin area, just north of Whitby, the Centre promotes positive integration of diabetes management into the lives of patients living in the Durham Region and beyond. Please visit our website for more information: www.charleshbest.com
The Centre is seeking a part-time permanent Clinic and Volunteer Coordinator. As a 0.6FTE, the incumbent will be expected to be on site for 3/5 days a week and the typical hours of work will take place within the Centre’s normal operating hours. On occasion, evening and weekend hours may be required. The incumbent will report directly to the Executive Director.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- New patient processing and orientation.
- Develop and maintain Volunteer Program; including recruitmentand orientation. Must be able to build relationships with volunteers to encourage ongoing engagement. Experience in Volunteer Management is a strong asset.
- Act as the Centre representative for OSCAR, our electronic medical records platform. Ability to use softwares to support administrative and clinical data (MOHLTC) reporting.
- Provide facility oversight. Act as main liaison with maintenance providers.
- Contribute to development and fundraising; promote events and provide assistance.
- Act as administrative support to the Executive Director. (i.e.project oversight, preparing proposals, supporting external stakeholder meetings through agenda and document collation, and maintaining communication tools etc)
- Act as Reception back-up and provide vacation coverage, as needed.
- Protect and promote the patient’s right to privacy, confidentiality and dignity.
- Contribute to an engaged and cohesive team.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree required.
- Volunteer Management Certificate from a recognized institution or equivalent work experience in the volunteer sector required. PAVRO Certificate in Volunteer Resource Management is an asset.
- Minimum 2 years related experience in volunteer management preferred. Experience in a healthcare environment is an asset.
- Ability to evaluate and respond to the volunteer needs of the organization.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant and professional manner while managing multiple and competing priorities.
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills are necessary.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build strong professional relationships and to facilitate teamwork.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and other software applications.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public.
- Successful completion of Vulnerable Sector Screening within one month of employment required.
The deadline for application is Sunday September 24th, 2017.
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter outlining why we should select you for an interview.
We thank all applicants who take the time to apply. However, only those invited for an interview will be contacted. We welcome applications from qualified professionals of diverse backgrounds.
Job Type: Part-time