Our company is a rapidly growing manufacturing company. We are looking for a Production Supervisor to join our growing team. Production Supervisor will be responsible for creating a culture of engagement within and between the plant teams to directly impact and consistently meet plant objectives and deliverables. This position is also accountable for ensuring that production teams work collaboratively in the decision-making processes and that the decisions are in alignment with plant goals and objectives, the ideal candidate must have a strong attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Plan, lead and organize work activities in accordance with daily production schedules while ensuring positive employee relations and a safe and effective work environment.
- Supports all staff in the manufacturing environment in order to meet daily production requirements while maintaining high standards of quality in a safe work environment.
- Guides, trains, and directs shop floor personnel by giving clear direction as directed by Senior Management
- Ensure Quality objectives are met within the production team
- Ensure Health and Safety objectives are met, while also ensuring all employees in production follow proper H&S protocols and jobs specific work procedures.
- Encourages the problem-solving process by motivating and empowering others to make improvements
- Ensures that all employees have been provided with the necessary tools in order to perform their duties ( eg. PPE hand tools etc.)
- Reports any issues that are preventing the attainment of all quality, safety or production goals to Senior Management on a timely basis
- Conducts Performance reviews on a monthly basis as per assigned schedule
- Distributes work in a fair and equitable manner
- Participates in the daily scheduling and work allocation meeting and provides inputs to determine manning requirements to optimize the utilization of machinery.
- Manages all vacation requests taking customer requirements into consideration.
- Assists in the investigation of all work-related accidents/incidents with the Joint Health and Safety representative.
- Communicates with Quality to ensure consistent application of quality processes/procedures.
- Contribute to a safe, clean environment that complements the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Liaises with maintenance to ensure the general upkeep of the facility and participate in the preventative maintenance program.
- Disposes of all wastes in proper containers and recycle and/or reuse all possible items in order to minimize the impact on the environment.
Performs other duties as required or requested by direct supervision.
Skills/Education Required to perform the job
- High School or equivalent job-related experience
- Minimum 3 years experience in a supervisory position in a manufacturing/ automotive environment
- General understanding of machinery/ equipment, CNC machinery, assembly machinery, welding parameters,
- Sound understanding of ISO 9001 and 14001 parameters.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, Occupational Health & Safety Act, Employment Standards Act,
- Strong leadership skills in order to direct and lead employees.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Strong problem-solving skills and decision-making skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Concord, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Supervising: 3 years (required)
- Manufacturing/Automotive Industry: 3 years (required)
- CNC: 3 years (preferred)
- Forklift Licence (preferred)