Working Shop Foreman (Cranbrook)
SIGN ON BONUS!! RELOCATION ASSISTANCE BONUS!!
Why Work Here
New West Truck Centres has access to the latest diagnostic tools and equipment. Surround yourself with certified technicians who specialise in Freightliner, Thomas Built, Sport Chassis, Detroit Diesel, Cummins,
Autocar and other brands of heavy-duty trucks.
Your direct manager is a well-respected and knowledgeable leader who always remains calm and collected, even in the most challenging situations. They genuinely care about the mechanics and take the time to listen to their concerns, offering guidance and support when needed.
Employees have access to cutting edge technological training opportunities, web training, and career development training, in addition to our in-house training programs and certifications that will develop your skills and advance your career.
Our total compensation package offers job security, health, dental, EFAP, vision and life insurance. Base rate for Shop Foreman is $46-$51/hour. This position is bonus eligible (paid monthly).
Supervise and Mentor– 50% of your time is spent here
- Provide support and facilitate discussion to help the team solve problems
- Get a clear understanding of the problem from the detailed notes provided by Service Advisors and dispatch mechanics to complete the jobs based on their level of experience
- Coach and encourage them in solving those problems rather than bringing them to you to solve
- Delegate workflow to technicians based on changing customer demands and priorities.
- Supervise repair shop to ensure technicians are productive and efficient while performing quality repairs
- Perform Quality Control on large repairs leaving the shop for accuracy of repair
Repair – 30%
- Hands on work, get in there and fix it
- Test vehicles to ensure they meet safety standards and are running properly
- Coordinate with the back counter parts technicians to ensure parts for the repair are in stock or ordered to perform repairs and maintenance
- Diagnose electronic, electrical, chassis and power train complaints
- Create accurate time and cost estimates that can be presented to the customer
Training - 20% of your time is spent here
- Attend virtual and in person, instructor led training to maintain certifications in CAT, Cummins, Detroit, Freightliner, Allison and other industry relevant product lines.
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic
- Class 1 or class 3 license considered an asset
- Preference will be given to those with Engine certifications including CAT, Cummins & Detroit Diesel
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from co-workers, managers, customers and the general public
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
3 Things To be successful as a Shop Foreman
1. Ensuring individual development
2. Always willing to help out
3. Ability to motivate others
- Apply on Indeed.com, we will personally read every resume/application and provide a response
- The above description is a summary of responsibilities and is not an exhaustive list of duties. A comprehensive job description will be provided to you in the interviewing process
- We welcome all qualified candidates to apply, the diversity of our workforce reflects the communities and customers we serve
- Professional references will be required
We are a heavy truck dealer in Southern Alberta and British Columbia representing Freightliner, Thomas
Built, Sport Chassis, Detroit Diesel, Cummins, Autocar and other brands of heavy-duty trucks. When taking a look at the trucking industry, we found that our customers were facing difficulties and run arounds, so we set out to become something more than what is on the market. It is this emphasis on continuous improvement in Accessibility, Efficiency and Genuine Quality that drives our commitment to be the new standard in customer service. At New West Truck Centres, each person is essential to the success of the business, with offices located in Calgary, Balzac, Lethbridge, Red Deer, Medicine Hat and Cranbrook.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $46.00-$51.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person