National 10th Ave is looking for an experienced server to fill out their team on full-time permanent basis. Servers are responsible for several functions including, but not limited to, providing exceptional customer service to all guests in a prompt and friendly manner, following all laws and regulations regarding liquor service, processing transactions, payments, and handling cash, while maintaining cleanliness in all areas of the restaurant. If you enjoy a fast-paced work environment, are flexible, and are looking to meet some great people along the way, this is the job for you.
We got a remodel! Your favorite downtown location has a new look and feel to it. At National on 10th, we strive to create the best place to eat, drink, and play. Come in and experience our new games area and karaoke spot. As well as heading downstairs to our spacious 8-lane bowling alley for some competitive fun.
- Hourly Wage: $15.00 an hour
- Extended health benefits after 90 days for employees working 28+ hours per week
- 25% Company-wide food & beverage discount & access to frequent local business discounts/specials
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet guests in a prompt and welcoming manner.
- Inform guests of all specials and menu changes.
- Be prepared to make quality recommendations to all guests.
- Extensive knowledge of all food and beverage items being served in the venue and the ability to accommodate all dietary requests and allergies.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders in point-of-sale system and ensure accurate orders are relayed to the kitchen and bar.
- Deliver food and beverages from kitchen and bar to guests in a timely manner.
- Perform side duties which may include, but is not limited to: polishing cutlery, glassware, plate ware, during and at the end of your shift
- Maintain cleanliness of all service areas.
- Quality check tables to ensuring guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- If a conflict or situation arises concerning a guest, please involve a manger right away to resolve the situation.
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, and process payment.
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise.
- Be ready and willing to assist serving assistants by clearing and resetting tables.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Be available to provide support as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the general manager or manager in charge.
- Complete cash out at the end of the shift
- Execute ad-hoc tasks are required.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- 1-2 years’ experience serving, or bartending required
- Strong communication skills with ability to establish and develop relationships with employees, partners, vendors, and customers.
- Ability to fluently communicate in both written and verbal English
- Must have a basic knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions.
- Possesses basic math skills, can handle money, and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Pro Serve Certification required but can be obtained within 30 days of joining.
- Ability to maintain professionalism, control, and composure in difficult and stressful situations.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
- Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food frequently weighing up to 20 to 25 pounds.
- Must be over 18 as alcohol service and open scheduling availability is a requirement.
- Personable, upbeat, and confident individual with a problem-solving mindset.
- Team player with great multi-tasking skills and eager to learn.
- Well organized with a strong attention to detail and exceptional time management
- Takes ownership of duties, shows initiative and is proactive.
- Leads by example with a positive attitude, great personal hygiene, a high level of dress, and a welcoming demeanor.
- Flexible: must be willing to work a variety of hours, including days, evenings as well as weekends and holidays based on the business needs.