Heavy Duty Truck Service Manager
We are looking for a talented individual to lead our service team!
Heavy Duty Truck Service Manager position available for busy International Truck & Doepker Trailer dealership. Gear-O-Rama Supply has been in business 65+ years & is recognized as a leader in sales and service in North Eastern BC.
- Competitive wages
- Group insurance; including extended health, life insurance and disability
- Challenging, motivating, positive work environment
- Career-growth opportunities
The Service Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing the day-to-day operations of the Service Department. The Service Manager will be working in a fast-paced environment, which at times can be physically demanding. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee, and at times assist, service technicians in a 10-bay mechanic shop. Coordinate and delegate incoming/outgoing current and pending workflow in an organized and efficient manner.
- Provide oversight and management to the service department by staying up to date on trucking industry standards and any new innovations, materials, tools and/or processes that can benefit the company. As well as, help coordinate and oversee technician training and development.
- Build and maintain good customer relations by addressing customer needs in a timely and professional manner.
- Basic computer skills and understanding of computer systems, or ability to learn new skills quickly
- Previous heavy-duty technician and/or management experience, particularly in a truck dealership or truck aftermarket environment an asset.
- Excellent aptitude for communication, coaching, leadership, professional integrity and a passion for customer service!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $92,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
- mechanical: 5 years (preferred)
- Class 1 Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person