Longo’s is committed to maintaining an environment where team members have a place to grow and pursue excellence, have the latitude to take ownership of their careers and the support and encouragement necessary to be the best they can throughout their career. We are a Canadian, family owned, independent food retailer which has grown and prospered since 1956. Our team members are dedicated to exceeding customer expectations by offering the best food experience to every customer, every time. It is through such commitment that Longo’s now operates over 30 stores within the GTA along with Grocery Gateway; our online grocery delivery service, is celebrating over 60 years of business and is continuing to grow.
Are you passionate about providing actionable HR insights to drive decision making?
Do you have experience as an HR Generalist?
Would you love to pursue a career with a company that is recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and is one of Canada’s 10 most admired corporate cultures?
Why not join us?
Human Resources Generalist
This role will play a key role in supporting Longos and the Genuine Merchant People Strategy by providing HR support in the areas of Talent Management, Engagement and Retention and Team Member Relations. This role provides guidance and support to Grocery Gateway to ensure that the Company is in compliance with all legislative requirements including employment standards, human rights, health and safety, accessibility standards as well as business practices and standards.
What you’ll do:
What we are looking for:
- Provide front line HR support for Grocery Gateway Team Members and Supervisors / Managers
- Actively work with Grocery Gateway business leaders to build leadership and engagement capabilities under the guidance of the Talent & Engagement Manager.
- Maintain an active field presence at the assigned location to proactively address HR related issues.
- Under the guidance of the Talent & Engagement Manager, provides case management support, including ongoing performance management employee relations and workplace investigations
- Provide recruitment support within the assigned client group to maintain an active talent pipeline and participate in interviews to ensure the best talent is selected.
- Develop external partnerships with local community associations and educational institutions and promote Longo’s as an employer of choice.
- Support the communication and follow up of the annual Talent Review Process rollout to Grocery Gateway
- Supports the completion and results of Engagement Surveys in cooperation with Operations.
- Support all program and people initiatives to ensure successful implementation including: Training and education sessions, Policy and Procedure roll outs, Total Rewards and Benefits and Health & Safety rollouts.
- Support HR Policy updates and act as a resource to Management and team members regarding inquiries to company policies and procedures.
- 2-3 years Human Resources Generalist experience with a focus on employee relations University and/or college education, preferably in a discipline related to Human Resources with CHRL in progress
- Solid knowledge of employment legislation, employee relations best practices, conducting investigations and other HR disciplines.
- Sound project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Well-developed consulting skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and follow up skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional in maintaining a high level of confidentiality
- Strong computer skills-Microsoft Office products and HRIS system experience
Longo’s is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
A qualified job applicant with a disability is one who possesses the required skills, education, experience and training and who can, with reasonable accommodation, perform the essential functions of the position applied for.