Handling Specialty is exclusively dedicated to the custom design and manufacture of material handling systems for demanding applications. We are considered the premier source for engineered-to-order lifting, tilting, rotating and traversing equipment for clients seeking innovative solutions, exceptional professional support, world class credentials and unmatched experience. For more than 50 years, we have been providing solutions in a wide range of industries including, Automotive, Aerospace and Defense, Entertainment, Rail, and Factory Automation.
Handling Specialty is seeking Full-Time Receptionist to join our growing team.
Why Join Handling Specialty?
- Competitive compensation
- Permanent Full-time work
- Paid Vacation time
- Health Benefits, with Defined Profit-sharing benefit
- Wellness committee with the focus on Mental Health
- Social committee; company Holiday Parties, BBQ’s
- Ensure the reception area is organized and welcoming to any guests, unlocking the front door at the beginning of the day, and locking it again at the end.
- Courteously receive and screen all in-bound calls, emails, and visitors.
- Pick up and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Maintain bookings, and schedules for the boardrooms
- · Maintain and monitor office supply inventory levels and place orders as required.
- Point of contact for company cell phones; order new phones, setting up new numbers as needed
- Point of contact for desk/office phones setting up for new employees, resetting voicemail passwords.
- Assisting other departments with administrative tasks including; printing, binding brochures or manuals, ordering/arranging lunches as requested.
- Keeping tack of all NDA’s
Accounts Payable duties
- Entering invoices into the accounting system
- Tally invoices when cheques/EFT’s are sent out
- Filing invoices once paid
- Other duties as required
- Business Administration degree or diploma an asset.
- 1-5 years' experience as an Administrative Assistant, or Accounts Payable considered an asset.
- Expert Microsoft office skills
- Basic knowledge of accounting systems.
- Strong problem identification and problem-solving skills, sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Strong communication strengths, able to work individually and as part of a team
Handling Specialty is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities. We are committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process for needs that are made known. We welcome applications from all interested and qualified individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Grimsby, ON L3M 1Y6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Accounts payable: 1 year (preferred)
- Administrative experience: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person