Reporting to the Payroll and Benefits Manager, the successful applicant will ensure that procedures and operational guidelines are followed and are compliant with the Pension Benefits Act (PBA), Ontario Municipal Employee Retirement System (OMERS) and the Teachers' Pension Plan (TPP).
Responsibilities will include: ensuring TPP, and OMERS are processed for all eligible employees; annually confirming that TPP and OMER contribution rates are set up; analyzing and reporting all contributions for disabled members; ensuring discrepancies are identified and resolved for annual reporting; analyzing of HRIS system data to determine eligibility; ensuring Elimination Periods and Broken Service are offered to employees for purchase; confirming and reconciling of year end reporting; coordinating OMERS information sessions as needed; running various reports from HRIS system to ensure integrity of data; supporting Payroll Supervisor/ Officer at start up, year end and T4 preparation; maintaining knowledge of all changes in administration and ensuring modifications in process are communicated as necessary; counselling employees regarding retirement planning; other duties as assigned.
Careers with the Peel District School Board
- Post secondary education with an emphasis on Business
- CEBS/CHRL RPA (Retirement Plan Associate) designation
- Minimum 2 to 4 years of pension administration and HRIS experience in progressively responsible positions
- Excellent presentation skills and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to foster change
- Demonstrated initiative, organizational, analytical, conflict- resolution and problem- solving skills
- Excellent mathematical aptitude and computer skills extensive experience with HRIS; compilation, analysis and presentation of statistical data, Excel, Word
- Knowledge of Education Act; Collective Agreements; Legislation and Regulations for OMERS/TPP
- Demonstrated commitment to working in a diverse school community and/ or work environment
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy of results
- Record of satisfactory on-the-job performance while employed by the Peel District School Board.
Commitment to Equity, Anti-Oppression and Anti-Racism
The Peel District School Board is committed to equity in employment. We are committed to equitable hiring practices that allow us to hire qualified staff who reflect the full diversity of the Region of Peel. We will provide reasonable accommodation (e.g. an accessible location, rescheduling of interviews that fall on Days of Significance etc.) based on any of the human rights protected grounds, during the hiring process if advised in advance. We are also committed to inclusion, anti-oppression and anti-racist practices while also supporting the continuous growth and development of an equitable and empowered education system at the PDSB.
Criminal Background Check
Successful candidates must provide a satisfactory Criminal Background Check prior to commencing employment. Please review the requirements for the Criminal Background Check.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but will only be contacting candidates whose skills, experience and qualifications best meet the requirements of the position. All communication to applicants regarding this job posting, including an invitation to complete skills assessments and/or a job interview if applicable, will be made through email. Candidates are encouraged to regularly check their email as listed on their TalentLink account.
Discover why you should consider a career with us!
Preference will be given to qualified members of the Administrative Staff Group (ASG).
Job Reference: CBO00192