Doak Shirreff Lawyers LLP is a full service law firm serving the Okanagan Valley for more than 50 years.
We are seeking a litigation lawyer with a minimum of 1 years’ experience to join our team. Experience in any areas of civil/commercial litigation, builders liens, construction law or family law is preferred. The successful candidate should be a highly motivated self-starter with exceptional communication, organizational, multi-tasking and client service skills.
We offer a productivity bonus of 35% of collections over 2.65 times your base salary, a marketing allowance, an extended health and benefit plan, and four weeks’ vacation amongst other benefits.
- Represent clients in civil and commercial litigation cases
- Conduct legal research and analysis
- Draft legal documents, including pleadings, motions, and briefs
- Prepare for and attend court hearings, trials, and other legal proceedings
- Negotiate settlements on behalf of clients
- Advise clients on legal matters and provide strategic guidance
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from an accredited law school
- Admitted to the bar and licensed to practice law in British Columbia
- Proven experience in civil litigation
- Strong legal research and writing skills
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
As a Litigation Lawyer, you will be responsible for representing clients in civil and commercial litigation cases. You will conduct legal research, draft various legal documents, and prepare for court hearings and trials. Your expertise in negotiation will be crucial in reaching favorable settlements for your clients. Additionally, you will provide legal advice and strategic guidance to clients throughout the litigation process.
Join our team of dedicated legal professionals and make a difference. Apply now to be considered for this exciting opportunity.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $76,000.00-$140,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person