Company Summary: Willis College is a professional development, educational institution providing skills training for experienced professionals and those starting a new career. The college has a long, outstanding history since 1866, serving in demand skills to the government, businesses, and technology organizations in the Ottawa Carleton region of eastern Ontario. We are consistently meeting the demands of the workforce by creating and offering highly sought-after programs that lead to meaningful careers.
Willis College is actively seeking a Certified Level II Dental Assistant (CDAII) to join the campus team as an Instructor for our Dental Assistant Level I & II program.
THIS is a combined, in person and remote position. Theory is taught remotely via Zoom, instructor is required to be ON CAMPUS in Ottawa for weeks 24, 25, 43 and 44.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide students with the knowledge and skills required for employment in a dental office setting. As a member of the Dental Team, you will be required to facilitate and evaluate student learning in theoretical and clinical settings by utilizing a variety of instructional strategies, techniques and delivery methods to meet the individual learning styles of the students.
Instructors will teach theory each day remotely via Zoom. Students and instructors will attend campus for 4 weeks of the program, 8am – 4:30pm in which instructors will demonstrate and evaluate skills.
The successful candidate must be a Certified Level II Dental Assistant with current membership with the Ontario Dental Assistants Association with a minimum of 5 years of practical work experience working within a dental clinical setting. Previous teaching experience is considered an asset. Demonstrated leadership skills including supervision, motivation, and facilitation are preferred. Superior communication and organizational skills will be essential to success in this role.
Job Type: Permanent Part Time
- Weeks 1-3 Monday to Friday, 9am-12:30pm remote teaching
- Weeks 4-23 Monday to Friday, 9am – 11am remote teaching, plus 5 hours of office hours per week
- Weeks 24-25 Monday to Friday, 8am-4:30pm, on-site in Ottawa
- Weeks 26-39 Monday to Friday, 9am -11am remote teaching, plus 5 hours of office hours per week
- Weeks 43-44 Monday to Friday, 8am -4:30pm, on-site in Ottawa
Course is currently running a combination of online via Zoom and clinical labs
- Hourly rate is based on professional and adult teaching experience, education and certifications
- Monday to Friday excluding all statutory holidays.
- Professional Development: Privileges to access other learning courses and materials
- NDAEB certificate
- Current ODAA membership
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED
- Up to date Immunization records
- 2 letters of reference
- Vulnerable Sector Police Check
Please be advised only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
A criminal record and social media check will be conducted.
We value a diverse workforce and invite all interested and qualified applicants to apply. Willis College welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $30.00-$32.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Ottawa, ON K1K 3B8