JOB TITLE: Junior Accountant
ABOUT NORTH SUN ENERGY
North Sun Energy is a strategic partnership between North Atlantic and Suncor for the operation and growth of the retail networks in Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island (PEI), and Newfoundland and Labrador through the North Atlantic and Petro-Canada brands.
Reporting to the Controller, the Junior Accountant will possess a professional attitude and work well independently, as well as part of a team. This role demands the skills of an analytical team player who will support the Controller and accounting team with the financial and administrative duties of multiple entities.
The Junior Accountant must have general knowledge of accounting practices and procedures. They will be involved with preparing monthly reconciliations, working papers and journal entries. It is therefore essential that they are a detailed-oriented individual with the capability to plan work and respect deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compile monthly reconciliations and working papers in accordance with company guidelines.
- Prepare and post routine journal entries and daily subledger transactions.
- Assist in processing and analysis of daily, weekly, and monthly reports.
- Support the accounting department in the monthly and yearly closing, including support with external audits.
- Assist with reviewing expenses to ensure proper accounting treatment.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for multi-currency accounts.
- Assist in special projects/ad hoc reports as requested.
- University Degree or College diploma with a concentration in accounting.
- 1-2 years experience working as a junior accountant or in a similar role.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel.
- Comfortable using technology with the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate, and manage multiple activities.
- Experience in downstream oil and gas or public accounting is considered an asset.
North Sun Energy is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package which include Health and Dental, Wellness Program, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Company Pension Plan with employer contribution, Employee and Family Assistance Program, Free on-site parking, Employee engagement activities
If you are a highly motivated team player, have the qualifications, and are prepared to meet the challenges as outlined, apply by submitting your resume and cover letter to [email protected] by December 4, 2023.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Work Location: In person