Consider an opportunity to join our talented team
The Medical Council of Canada (MCC) was recognized as a National Capital Region Top Employer for ten consecutive years!
Want to contribute to the health and wellbeing of Canadians?
At the MCC, you’ll be part of a dynamic team that strives to achieve the highest level of medical care in the country through excellence in physician assessment.
You’ll be immersed in an exceptional work environment that fosters professional development and work-life balance.
Apply for one of our rewarding positions today!
Customer Service Agent
Internal job title: Service Agent
Full Time Permanent
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
As front-line support for all MCC customers, you will play a key role in assisting the Repository and Registration Centre (RRC) meet its goals and objectives. Your primary responsibility will be providing high quality service to candidates and stakeholders in relation to queries on source verification of documents and exam applications.
What you’ll do
- Provide front line support to candidates/stakeholders by responding to enquiries via phone, email, IM Chat for all examination and repository services
- Open and categorize incoming mail from candidates
- Classify all documents and prepare files for the Review process
- Perform quality assurance of data, files and correspondence
- Assist on special assignments as needed
- Provide support for examination functions relating to application requests, center assignments and document production
What you need to succeed
- 3-5 years’ experience providing support to external clients, preferably in a professional office environment
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Word, Excel, MS Teams, and the ability to learn and work with internal database systems
- Proficiency using the internet to retrieve information quickly
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to be tactful and discrete
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to conduct research and to elicit pertinent information from clients
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Superior organizational skills
- The ability to adapt to an evolving environment
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience
- Fluent bilingualism; excellent oral and written skills in both English and French
Visit our Careers page to learn more about the many reasons you can thrive at the MCC.
The MCC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace at all levels of its organization.
Accommodations can be provided at all stages of the hiring process; we ask applicants to make their needs known in advance.
Please note that only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $54,235.00-$61,983.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person