- Execute all salad, sandwich, grill, char grill, pan and fry items while meeting presentation and timing standards.
- Prepares grill/char grill/ salad/sandwich/ entrée items to recipe or special order.
- Maintain food safety standards
- Maintain a clean work enviroment
- Keep the work station well-stocked and organized
- Communicate with the front of house, in a friendly manner, to ensure customer satisfaction
- Able to keep track of multiple orders at one time
- Time management to have the order ready to serve
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Maintains up to date knowledge of recipes, procedures and plating for all items on the menu.
- opening and closing tasks
- Any other duties designated by the management team or the kitchen leader.
- Presents him or herself professionally e.g., clean uniform and well groomed
- Good Communication Skills
- Previous experience with grilling, salad, sandwich preparation and deep frying
- Well organized and shows a sense of urgency
- able to track multiple orders and multi-task
- Works well under pressure
- Team player that works productively with others
- Understandings of food and safe practices (Food Safe Certificate)
1 - 5 years’ experience
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- The ability to lift and carry 0-30 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be able to push and pull equipment of various sizes and weight e.g., 25-pound pot of hot water), throughout the shift.
- Must be able to kneel, bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill tasks.
- Requires grasping, standing, walking, repetitive motions, hearing ability and visual acuity.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time
Salary: From $17.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kitimat, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you currently residing in Kitimat?
- Culinary: 1 year (preferred)
- Cooking: 1 year (preferred)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (preferred)
Work Location: In person