Reporting to the Manager and COO, this position requires performing cardiac sonography and imaging procedures.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of a recognized program in Diagnostic Medical Adult Sonography with a minimum of 2-year on-the-job experience (placement training will be considered).
- Current registration with CMRITO
- Certification in Cardiac Imaging and adult echocardiography.
- Experience in following complete protocol as per Cardiac Care Network requirements for performing adult sonography.
- Experience in performing full protocol resting echo’s and stress echo’s.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to independently perform echo’s and stress echo’s as per CCN protocol in a busy clinical environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of diagnostic imaging information system.
- Demonstrated ability to be technically thorough in inputting relevant information into PACS system.
- Experience with basic troubleshooting of GE Vivid systems an asset.
- Ability to prepare accurate reports for physician interpretation.
- Demonstrated effective communication (written and verbal), organization and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated effective problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced clinical environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively relate to client/patient population and possess exceptional bed side manners and be respectful of patient requests and privacy.
- Demonstrated initiative and judgment appropriate for the position.
- Demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to accept assigned or delegated functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $31.26 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
- Can you do contrast echos?
- Do you have your CMRITO
- Echo Tech: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person