Miku is an award-winning Japanese restaurant, located in Coal Harbour, downtown Vancouver. Miku is known for its distinct Aburi-style cuisine, breathtaking views and energetic dining experience. We are looking for enthusiastic, professional individuals to join the team. As part of the Dishwasher team, you will play an integral role in providing exceptional customer service and food to ensure guest satisfaction.
** Before applying, please visit our website www.mikurestaurant.com to learn about our company, culture, and current menu. **
- Maintains a clean kitchen, properly washes and sorts soiled dishes. Keeps dish area free of clutter and organized.
- Sets up dish stations, including dish machines and sinks.
- Maintains clean / dry floors throughout the shift.
- Properly washes, stacks, and stores china, glassware, silverware, cookware, and storage containers.
- Changes water of machines and sinks every two hours, or more often as required by business levels, and properly uses chemical dilutions set by EcoLab.
- Assists in the timely storing of food deliveries.
- Maintains trash cans throughout shift and removes full trashcans and boxes at the end of each shift or when needed.
- Follows the posted daily dish cleaning duties.
- Assists in food prep and any other duties set forth or requested by the chef as needed.
- Open availability (part-time and full-time positions available).
- Permanent position with potential to move up within the company.
- Willingness to learn.
- Strong sense of teamwork.
- Positive attitude, professional and formal demeanour.
- Interest in Japanese culture and cuisine beneficial.
If you are interested in becoming a part of the Miku Vancouver team, please submit your application with your most updated resume and cover letter.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Salary: From $17.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Every Weekend
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you able to work weekends (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)?
Work Location: In person