***RTO7 is posting this on behalf of Horseshoe Resort***
Who We Are: At We are a 4-season recreation destination connecting families, friends and colleagues through experiences that last a lifetime. Horseshoe Resort is looking for talented individuals to join our growing team of hospitality professionals and recreation enthusiasts. If you are outgoing, friendly, love adventure and the outdoors, you may be the person we are looking for!
The Line Cook is responsible for supporting the culinary team by ensuring prep is completed to the highest standards in a timely manner. They prepare for service by stocking the mise en place, paying attention to proper labeling and storage in order to ensure safe food handling while avoiding wastage.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sets up and stocks food items and other necessary supplies.
- Prepares food items by cutting, chopping, mixing, and preparing sauces.
- Cooks food items by grilling, frying, sautéing, and other cooking methods to specified recipes and standards.
- Maintain cleanliness and complies with food sanitation requirements by properly handling food and ensuring correct storage.
- Cleans and sanitizes cooking surfaces at the end of the shift.
- Performs inventory checks and completes food storage logs
- Assist with Daily Prep Board
- Ensure proper rotation of products
- Assist where needed in pantry, banqueting, and dish area
- Follow Opening/Closing Procedure List
- Follow the general rules as well as all Health & Safety procedures as outlined in the Horseshoe Resort Health & Safety Policy
- Professional and responsible conduct
- Comfortable in fast-paced, high-pressure environments
- Teamwork skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Follows directions and instructions
- 1-2 years of experience as a line cook is an asset
- Must be available evenings/weekends/holidays
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to work in Canada
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Seasonal
Salary: From $17.50 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Barrie, ON L4M 4Y8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Cooking: 1 year (preferred)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (preferred)
Work Location: In person